Futurama: Bender's Big Score (open spoilers)

We’re just days away!

I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since this show was cancelled. Any other Futurama geeks excited about this?

My copy is on pre-order.

What are we five days away from?

Bender’s Big Score, the new Futurama movie on DVD.

I am totally psyched!

But I thought they were going to start doing the show again? What is this movie business?

I watched about 3/4s of it last night via a secret method (don’t ask, don’t tell on the SDMB) and was a little disappointed. It’s revolves around a rather complicated, for a cartoon, time travel plot that reminded me of Stewie’s adventure in the “Family Guy” movie. Maybe the last 1/4 will pick up the hilarity quotient. It does feature a little Leela nudity for you cyclops fetishists. Oh, and the trashing of the Fox executives who cancelled the show is pretty funny and brutal.

There will be four movies, each of which will be cut into four episodes which will air alongside classic episodes on new home Comedy Central.

randwill–and you are posting un-blacked out spoilers, why? :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry, I thought the things I mentioned were general enough to not be considered spoilers. More like teasers. Mods, please spoiler or delete my post entirely if you so desire.

My husband just told me I was not supposed to know about the movies… looks like I’m getting a ‘‘surprise’’! :slight_smile:

Wow. Has it really been five years?

I can’t wait!

I watched it this evening, and I am VERY VERY glad to have one of my favorite shows back. I absolutely love time travel plots too, despite a very major continuity/parabox error which I’ll have to watch at least once more before I can explain it fully on here.

I also watched all 20 minutes of Everybody Loves Hypnotoad, and it really isn’t worth the waste of time…it’s exactly what you think it is.

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

Awaiting the box from Amazon . . .

It’ll be great havin’ them back. I missed them on the teevee, but glommed onto the box sets and ended up buying them all. Thank you Mr. DVD!

Has anybody checked out Bender’s website?

[Mandatory Speech]
Has it really been five, ten, or fifteen years? If not, please disregard this and get back to work.
Distribute token of appreciation and applaud
[/Mandatory Speech]

:slight_smile:

I look forward to seeing it but have heard some bad things from people who have already seen it.

It’s not perfect, but it’s certainly better than ST:III, and it’s better than no new Futurama episodes. (I’m sorry, but they’re getting a bit stale.) I do recommend watching it twice, to see how things mesh out. Their continuity person certain did their job well.

I thought is was OK. Some of the jokes seemed forced, but the overall story was good.
6 out of 10… No original episode scores lower then 7.

Have you emailed Bender@ilovebender.com yet? Here’s one of the responses I’ve gotten back