Episode 2: The Night Lands
Episode 3: What is Dead May Never Die
Episode 4: “Garden of Bones”
Episode 5: The Ghosts of Harrenhall
Episode 6: The Old Gods and the New
Episode 7: A Man Without Honor
Episode 8: The Prince of Winterfell
Episode 9: Blackwater

This is the thread for people who want to discuss the show without outside information that may spoil the story from either the books or other sources. Discussion about the current episodes and all previous episodes of the series requires no spoiler box. Which means that there should be no need for the use of any spoiler boxes in this thread.

If you are looking for discussions where spoilers are acceptable, please visit the season 2 closed spoiler and open spoiler threads.

Don’t argue about the spoiler rules in the thread, take it to the pit if necesary.

Gukamatz has been moderating these threads because he’s more familiar with the source content than the other cafe society mods. This was his note in the OP of the first thread this season:

I had this thread all gone and ready to post, and then forgot to actually hit “submit new thread” for some reason. My bad.

It cannot be over until January.

Well no, it’s over until next April.

fuuuuuu!!!

Pretty good season finale, though they had a lot of ground to cover and so it felt a bit rushed. Dany’s part of this episode, for example, seemed to wrap up too easily. It was very cool, though, to see her dragons demonstrating some power.

I laughed my ass off at Theon’s scenes. His annoyance at the trumpeter was great, especially during his big speech. And the resolution to that speech was hilarious–totally unexpected. So do we think his cohorts are taking him back to dear old dad? Was it them that torched Winterfell?

So, the freaky-looking thing on the horse at the end was a White Walker, I presume. And the zombies (“wights”) walking along with him are somehow controlled by him and the other White Walkers.

Sorry to see Jacquen go, even though they’ve left a way for him to return. If he does, I hope the same actor can play him again, even though our last view of him would imply otherwise. I have no idea what Arya plans to do next. Is she still planning on going to Winterfell?

I wonder if Littlefinger is going to try to marry Sansa? He didn’t say that, but he had joked to the court earlier about needing to produce sons and grandsons, and then he was talking to Sansa about how she reminded him of Katelyn (whom he was in love with). And it would be a way to get her out of King’s Landing and away from Joffrey, though he would have to get Joffrey’s permission and that might not be so easy.

It’s going to be a long wait until next season.

I wonder how “fresh” those White Walkers were. I imagine one could stay pretty well intact for long periods in an arctic environment. But if they are “fresh”, who were they?

And do you think Xaro ever planned for the contingency of being locked in his own vault? If not…I can’t think of many worse ways to die, especially being locked in there with a hysterical, despondent woman.

The Ironmen took the offer the northmen gave them, surrender and everyone but Theon can go. Not sure what happened to Winterfell. The Whitewalkers aren’t zombies, the zombies are just regular humans brought back. The whitewalkers were the blue glowy eye dudes in the zombie horses (which were freaking awesome).

So Jaqen is some kind of shape-shifter? That accounts for all the dead bodies in his wake.

I thought most of Dany’s entourage had been killed when her dragons were taken, but she seemed to have as many in her group now as she had before.

I think those were Xaros own slaves.

A small boat? How long before those dragons can burn done a king’s keep?

I don’t think the dragons grew an inch the whole season. At least they are learning tricks though.

For a bit there, I thought that this episode would end with the dragons, as did the first season’s final episode. And I thought that those artifacts that Sam found were going to figure into the plot, particularly the obsidian knives. But they didn’t. (Although Sam survived an encounter with the Whitewalker.)

Are you sure?

Of course not. But we weren’t shown him being killed.

It looked to me like the Ironborn took Theon with them home. “Let’s go home,” the guy who knocked Theon out said and they dragged him through the gates.

Well, if they did take the Northmen’s deal, they wouldn’t be allowed to do that.

Robb said all the iron born who surrendered could go home, except Theon. Bolton said “with those terms they will betray Theon themselves”. That seemed to be what happened at least until the ironborn walked out, how that lead to winterfell being sacked and burned was left up in the air.

Well, time to read the books then.

Well, I wouldn’t recomend that. I read them (except apparently the last one, maybe not published in France yet), and when I read the other day a comment about episode 9 from someone saying he had no clue how the battle could go, who could die or live, I was quite a bit jealous because of course there was no such suspense for me.