Garden Dalek English people explain please

Not “Echo” but “Mike” :smiley:

Psst. Papa Mike.

Yeah, yeah. :smack:

“Aphids!..Exterminate!..Exterminate!!”

Can I just say that I love the term wheelie bin? I wish I could use it without sounding lame. Wheelie bin!

In certain parts of Tennessee, a dalek,n (DAH-leck) is a regional way of speaking the language. :wink:

I hate the term- it’s so juvenile. But it’s the only common term for the things, and in themselves the bins are OK, so I try to cut the “wheelie bin” description a bit of slack, even if it does make me sound like I ought to be sucking my thumb and wanting to cuddle puppies instead of going to school on Mondays.

And I’m forty-six and three-quarters.

And that explains why twins would be named so, if they were born at noon. thanks.
The dalek looks like a steam punk version of R2D2 to me. I wouldn’t think that shape would provide the most storage (?).
Pip emma is mentioned in other Christie works, but not as characters–more like in reference to time (which makes sense now, too–I always figured it was like “eh, what” or “too right” or “tally ho”–filler IOW).
I like wheelie bin–better than “yard waste receptacle” which what we call ours. (or garbage can/trash can or recycle bin)

Hey wait a minute. Shouldn’t it be Darleks? I believe it’s Darleks. It was the first thing I thought myself and I already went for that joke, and I’ve seen it as Dalek and as Darlek. We can’t even get the spelling right, no wonder they want to exterminate us.

Yeah, we don’t really have a specific term for it. It’s the trash can, but so is the one in the house. I still like wheelie bin better. It trips off the tongue so nicely.

And, of course, this is why Anti Aircraft guns are called Ack-Ack guns.

I’ve always seen it as Daleks, and I’ve been watching Dr.Who since 1975 or so. I don’t get what the joke would be with Darlek, though.

And wheelie bin sounds much better than wheeled refuse can.

Definitely Dalek. there is no ‘R’ in Kaled.

http://www.kitsch.co.uk/dr_who.htm

First one that came up on google. They seem to have both spellings there.

Nevertheless, the only correct spelling is Dalek.

Ok. I’ll be sure to shout “Ahhhhh, Daleks!!!” when the come to exterminate me.

But I’m sure I’ve heard Darleks before. Maybe it’s an accent thing.

I’m sure you have heard it before. It’s wrong though.
Dalek is the only spelling.

You’re a Dalek arn’t you?