George Zimmerman: it just keep[s getting scummier

According to Google Maps, it should have taken Trayvon 19 minutes to walk from the store where purchased his snacks to his home. Trayvon leaves the store at 6:27 PM. According to Rachel Jeantel, Trayvon seeks shelter from the rain under the mail
“shed” located at the entrance of his townhouse complex. The time should have been roughly 6:43PM. The distance from the entrance to Trayvon’s home located in the far West end of the complex is 3 minutes.

Zimmerman contacts the police at 7:09 PM. This leaves over 25 minutes of Trayvon’s actions that night unaccounted for and apparently I’m the only person that has ever expressed any curiosity about this. According to Jeantel, Trayvon needed to get home to watch a basketball game. Would he waste that much time under the mail “shed” waiting for the rain to subside? Wouldn’t he simply dash to his home instead? Or was Trayvon doing something that would arouse the suspicions of a reasonable person?

Hopefully the real Brittany Diamond will explain what Trayvon was doing that night.

What’s that in parsecs?

NM

Wrong thread? :wink:

Yep. Got them confused.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google maps is not a reliable indicator of walking times.

If Tryavon had been doing something that aroused Zimmerman’s suspicions other than the ones he mentioned, he’d have brought it up.

The thrust of this thread is what a despicable person GZ is. He stalked, hunted and killed another human despite police specific orders to stop following him. Now he is suing the family of the person he murdered (my definition).

Allegations of witness tampering is irrelevant to all of the above. And while if true, yes, should be investigated. But allegations don’t make it true. And if true would have obviously came out at trial. As would have any other Trayvon meanderings. Also irrelevant to the intent of this thread.

Wrong.

How so? From the 911 transcript:

Ultimately, this conspiracy theory is nonsensical. For one (and while I can’t seem to find her entire testimony online), she doesn’t report that she’s his girlfriend.

Secondly, the idea that there would be a need to find an imposter because the original witness doesn’t want to participate is ludicrous. What, you think the only people who testify at trials are people who want to be there? While the President may not care, attorneys in a trial have the power to subpoena witnesses to compel attendance under threat of being arrested. You get a useful statement from a person who later doesn’t want to participate? Tough; they will come to court and testify even if it is after being rounded up by the cops and forced to do so.

Thirdly, the claim appears to be that, since this authentic witness (who had previously given apparently useful information) was no longer interested in participating that they instead found a mentally challenged girl to replace her? That defies credibility; if the girl was developmentally delayed, don’t you expect her to eventually recant under pressure? How is she going to be able to keep her story straight? It’s an absurd idea.

Finally, it just seems obvious that people who would have actually known these individuals would have come forward and said, “That’s not Rachel!” This was a spectacle; you don’t think some person in the orbit of those involved wouldn’t have sought out their own glory/TV fame/quick payday? It beggars the imagination to presume that - when the entire nation was focused on the event - nobody floated this conspiracy.

Rachel Jeantel was a very flawed witness. It was clear that, despite just being a teen, she liked to drink alcohol and smoke weed. She was not polished in her speech. She made mistakes. These characteristics, however, reflect an authentic person; if she was pulling a scam, it’s an incredible acting performance (from a girl who is cognitively slow, remember!)

Your OP featured a link to the recent lawsuit. It shouldn’t be surprising that its details are part of the discussion.

May also be worth noting that posters are not obliged to endorse an OP’s views.

You’re sort of missing the point. Yes, witness tampering is an important thing that needs to be investigated. Also, this particular claim about witness tampering is absurd on its face, and made by a man with a long and well established reputation for being a partisan lunatic. It deserves as much attention as a claim that William Barr is actually a carefully disguised Adolph Hitler. Yes, if it were true, it would be a very bad thing. But it doesn’t need to be investigated to determine if its true: it’s self-evident bullshit.

This post is a joke right?

A dispatcher is not the police nor is, “Okay, we don’t need you to do that,” an order. I bring this up not in the interest of defending Zimmerman but in the interest of fighting ignorance.

… an avocation which he will enjoy such outrageous success pursuing that he will become a pivotal player in the resolution of the worldwide pork apocalypse, aiding President Trump and riding the publicity and success to a seat as Sheriff of Dallas.

This is so annoying to me. So in two posts I hear that if I, as a black man am not at a certain place at a certain time according to google earth, I must be up to no good.

Therefore a “concerned citizen” can ignore a police dispatch that real police are on the way and let them handle the matter and then kill me. And then walk free and sue my family.

This is just such BS.

Again, I wasn’t defending Zimmerman’s actions. I was simply pointing out that he wasn’t ordered to do anything by the police. We can make a good enough case that Zimmerman is an asshole without posting erroneous information.

Zimmerman’s mindset:

"BERTALAN: Two and a half, and 4 months. O’MARA: OK. Going back, then, to when you still lived at retreat view circle, did an event happen at your residence where a crime was committed?

BERTALAN: Yes.

O’MARA: Could you explain to the jury what happened with that?

BERTALAN: I was home on a Wednesday with my son. He was, I think, 9 months at the time and I heard someone ring my doorbell repeatedly. So I went to check upstairs because I didn’t have a peephole. And I saw two young African-American guys ring my doorbell repeatedly and they kept on looking up at the window.

I called my mom because I didn’t know what to do. They left. Then after a while, I went back upstairs to check one more time and they were walking in front of my house. One came towards my house and I called – I was on the phone with my mom at the time. I started crying. I called the police. They broke into my house.

I heard some bangs downstairs. The dispatcher told me to grab any weapon I had because I had my son in my arms. He had woken up and just prepared to use it if I had to. The guy was it – I was locked in my son’s bedroom.

He was shaking the doorknob trying to get in. I was sitting there with a pair of rusty scissors and my son in one arm and the police came and they ended up leaving."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1307/10/cnr.12.html

Olivia Bertalan, a former neighbor of Zimmerman’s from The Retreat at Twin Lakes, testified that she was the victim of a home invasion in the gated community. Bertalan said that she hid in her son’s bedroom as two teenagers broke into her home.[172][173] After the robbery, she said that Zimmerman had come over to her house and offered her a lock for her sliding glass door. Bertalan also testified that Zimmerman told her that she could go spend time with his wife if she felt too scared to be home alone during the day. She estimated that she had discussed the robbery with Zimmerman about 20 times after it happened.