Ghostbusters Afterlife trailer #2 [spoilers for movie]

Aye; that could have been written by me.

Princess Bride is a great example of a very different 80’s movie, but I just saw it with my kids on Disney + and honestly, it’s more amazing and fun than I remembered. My kids were rolling on the ground laughing with us and were totally charmed.

Whereas I actually thought the 2017 movie was better than the original.

To me, it was almost a parody of the original, and I like dthem both.

GB2 is the worst of the three.

Who y’gonna call?! :smiley:

Much like the first trailer, this makes me think more “young adult coming of age” adventure movie than anything to feel “Fuck yeah, Ghostbusters” about. It may very well be a good movie on its own merits and it doesn’t angry up my blood or anything but it doesn’t really hook me, either. I’m not really looking to Ghostbusters to teach me how to forgive or the value of family or that the real Ghostbusting was the friends we made along the way.

I’ll probably eventually watch it on streaming out of curiosity.

Peter McNicol was great in that film, though.

I do love it and rank it as one of my all-time favs. Part of that is just the age I was when it came out, of course. The humor in the original is soooooo droll, and the pairing of Venkman’s world-weariness vs. Stantz’s childlike glee is just wonderful to me. And there are so many bizarre, quirky little touches that it feels more like an underground movie than a blockbuster at times.

The one thing that has aged very badly, though, is Venkman’s creepy stalker behavior, both toward the undergraduate in the opening scene and to Sigourney Weaver’s character. That really does sour it for me, now, unfortunately.

I won’t argue there.

Agreed. I hate that about the first one.

I am hoping Walter Peck cuts the power and releases some of the jokes because that looked self important and tedious.

I’m concerned that it apparently includes all the ghosts from the original film - “Slimer” the hotel ghost, Gozer’s dog, the Staypuft guy. I’m guessing the plot is that Egon figured out Gozer was going to come back, this time in a sleepy midwestern town, and he moved out there to figure out how to stop it. I hope it does more than just repeat the threats from the first film.

That’s not Slimer. It’s a new spook, Muncher.

As for the similarities, there’s a great deal that’s totally different, from the tone to the landscape.

I’m not saying it will be a good movie, but in many ways it’s different. I guess it would be a little too different without the Easter eggs and call backs.

And I’m thinking that Egon stored the Ghostbusters captures on the farm–possibly down that well–and the protection grid failed. Possibly because of the actions of one of the kids.

Could be, but Gozer and his dog were never put in the containment grid.

It’s the Shandore Mines… If you look at the first trailer.

I predict the light moving in the second trailer at the 1:29 mark is Egon’s “ghost” shinning the light on something relevant. I also predict it’s Peter’s hand on the P.K.E. Meter. in the scene right before that.

I must have missed your post. Do you think it would be different, (not as self important,) had the 2016 never come out?

The fandom is strong here. There are many reaction videos of people getting tears in there eyes over these trailers.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t like the 2016 version, but the hate for it was obvious toxic because of the women.

November 11th!

Great casting job. Paul Rudd is a good choice for the adult comedy lead.
Finn & McKenna Grace are great young actors.

FWIW I hated the recent reboot. It was unfunny (I was fine with them trying a female driven cast). Aggressively unfunny but at least it tried to be a comedy. I admit this is just a trailer and trailers are often misleading but this movie doesn’t look like it is even trying to be funny which is disappointing to me if true.