Giant English rabbit, straight out of Wallace and Gromit

My friend linked me to this story earlier this evening. I was expecting a hoax, but I verified it through Reuter’s.

The picture in the first article isn’t of the rabbit in question, but damn. I didn’t know they could get that big! :eek:

I raised rabbits, and mine were underweight at 10 pounds (English Lops). My guess is that the picture is of a Flemish Giant, the largest recognized breed, and a specialty breed at that, so its not a good representative by any means.

What, BEHIND the rabbit??..

It must be the Black Rabbit of Inle.

It wasn’t me, I swear!

This is a job for… ANTI-PESTO!

Are those the special breeds that are filmed for the closing (and opening?) credits of Teletubbies to give the impression that the Teletubby house is smaller than it appears?

My Dad watched a Flemish Giant for a few weeks. I came home and was almost intimidated by it. It was huge! The one he had was easily 4/5ths of the pictured ones size. His back feet were at least 8" long. They are real, and they’re shockingly large.

Anyone else hear Elmer Fudd singing, “Kill the Wabbit!” when they saw the thread title?

No, it is the rabbit.

As is my tradition…

[obAnya]
Bunnies aren’t just cute like everybody supposes
They got them hoppy legs and twitchly little noses
And what’s with all the carrots?
What do they need such good eyesight for anyway?
Bunnies, Bunnies, it must be bunnies!
[/obAnya]

Brian
(or maybe midgets)

I’ve seen them at the fair. They are HUGE. Kind of reminds me of the movie Night of the Lepus that had giant killer rabbits. http://imdb.com/title/tt0069005/

My first thought on reading the article was that the good folks over at Aardman must be just about pissing themselves. What a great story!

You silly sod! Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Launcelot soiled his armour, he was so scared…

Note that ‘armed’ in Britain means an air rifle. :cool:

This will be good news for anyone who wants to film Donny Darko II.

Nuts!

When it starts sucking the blood out vof people, give me a call.

This must be a Bun-Bun sighting.

(Truck with a PA system):
ATTENTION EVERYONE! A HERD OF KILLER RABBITS IS HEADED THIS WAY!

Cool.

I’ve seen a Flemish Giant rabbit up close, it was huge! But it was still a cute widdle bunny with the twitchy nose and lonG ears and I wanted to hug it and squeeze it and stroke its fur backwards.