Giraffe Board Trouble Makers

Why do you care octopus?

Apart from a brief stumble onto the Gee-boards many years ago, I’ve remained blissfully ignorant of the stuff going on over there since.

Anyway, you and a few others are annoying-enough troublemakers here. Why are you trying uber-hard to stir up extra strife?

Or are you really snfaulkner?

Apparently they are trying really hard for this board to be less misogynistic. It would seem octopus is against that.

When I post actual nonsense and am corrected on it I don’t find that to be a problem. When I post on topic and several people who have a pattern of misreading what is read, throw out tons of accusations disguised as questions, plan this behavior at another board, laugh about the results of their trolling at another board, that is a problem.

Don’t you have more false rape accusations to make?

Still trying to start that board war, octopus?

It’s not like the mods are unaware of Giraffe. Especially the ones who are members over there, too.

You seem to be under some sort of misapprehension that many (most?) posters here:

a) are active members of the Giraffe board

b) understand the basic premises of your OP and/or

c) give a shit.

You do realize that there has been a longstanding rule here that ‘board wars’ are actively discouraged here? IOW, you have a problem with the behaviour of posters on the GB? Take it there.

Simple!

Nobody there plans behavior beyond a joke or two, that I’ve seen. Maybe readjust your nonsense filter to include a wider array of topics.they laugh at you because your flailing nonsense in defense of ridiculousness is funny. “Funny” in the sense that it hurts too much to cry.

Mods are only members? No dual mods?

Board war? How is it a board war when one board has thousands of posts dedicated to crapping on this board, its posters, it’s mods and admins and one board hushes up? That’s not a war.

Question for you, Dibble, is how is it respectable for the duplicity displayed? The mods post there and are aware of the contempt? Yet posters come here and then try to lobby for changes to suit their social ostracism method of control?

So octo thinks he’s getting picked on over there and decided to snitch about it here? Do I have that right?

You realize you aren’t the administrator here? Does the new administrator approve of a group of members posting here to generate snark there? Maybe that is a new rule worth discussing.

Hmmmm, curious.

Y’know, when you are being picked on by nearly everybody, the problem just might be you! I know, radical idea, ammirite?

Yeah, that’s what I’m getting. Pretty sure there’s a simple fix for that though.

:smiley:

What the fuck are you talking about?

The SDMB mods/admin cannot control what is posted ON ANOTHER BOARD.

Good old victim blaming! #whyidontspeakout!

Thousands of posts of snark that predate me prove otherwise. A board that exists in part because of flouncing over not being able to call people cunt proves otherwise. It’s not like the internet forgets.

People can read this for themselves. You honestly think piling on in a thread like this doesn’t actually prove my point? :dubious: man that gets two more. :dubious::dubious:

No but posters that post here to troll for content there? That’s actionable.

I don’t know - only mods/admins over there I know are Fenris and giraffe, neither of which is a mod here. But I’m not a frequent enough 'raffe poster to know who’s who.

Yes, that’s what I said.

Would you call what you’ve been doing recently “hushing up”?

Are you saying one-sided wars aren’t wars?

What “duplicity”? The posters there who are openly contemptuous of …certain posters … here, are just as openly contemptuous of … those same posters … here.

I know I am, at any rate.

They’d have to be blind not to be.

I, for one, would be advocating for change here - involving ostracism of racists and misogynists and LGBT-phobes - in exactly the same way I do now, regardless of whether Giraffe existed or not.

And the mods here who post there, are just posters there. So I don’t know what their being mods has to do with the price of eggs.

Actionable by whom?

Maybe posters who post here that are trolling for snark there are untouchable. Would explain a lot.

Octo…You know, when I was a wee girl my Mother took me to a playground. I was crying in the middle of the sand box. She came over to ask what my problem was. I told her no one would play with me. She dried my tears and said “If you want the other kids to play with you, you have to stop hitting and pushing them down.” I was about 3yo. I learned my lesson rather early. I found by kindergarten there were a few who still pushed and hit. In Junior high there were still a few. It was clear, by high school and into college the ones still bullying weren’t gonna stop. And boy, do they cry the loudest when no one wants to play their game. And they still hit and push and fight like idiots to get their way.
You, sir, need to learn your lesson.

Yes, this new member, “octopus”, has been trying to start a board war for a while now. I don’t know why the mods keep allowing him to do so since apparently board wars are discouraged here.