Give Me Your Kahlua Recipes

So I picked up a liter bottle of Kahlua for the wife at the duty-free shop in Ho Chi Minh City’s Tan Son Nhat Airport. She likes Kahlua. But she’s never been much of a drinker, and I’ve not really had that much Kahlua myself. I know you can make a Black Russian with it and milk. A little in coffee is good. What else goes well with it?

Actually, a black Russian is Kahlua and vodka, no milk. A white Russian is a black Russian with milk (Kahlua, vodka, milk) and a sombrero is just Kahlua and milk.

A friend of mine makes her own Kahlua from scratch, if you’re interested.

Pour some over vanilla ice cream.

Vodka! Of course. See? It’s been years since I’ve had a Black Russian, and I plumb forgot the main ingredient that makes it Russian. We’re short on vodka but well fixed to make a sombrero.

Well, I don’t think it would be economical to mail any to me, but we might be interested in the recipe for that, if you could get it for us.

That sounds familiar. We may have tried that before someplace, possibly a Mexican restaurant. I may pick up some ice cream tomorrow. The wife asks if any other flavors are good with it, too. (She loves chocolate and has an aversion to vanilla, but I say you don’t want to take away from the Kahlua flavor with any fancy ice cream.)

Thanks all!

Standard American coffee

Shot of Bailey’s

Shot of Kahlua
quite good!

Mmmmm. Now that sounds good.

I found these recipes online. The wife shuddered at the mention of the Kahlua Cockroach; I’m not sure that one sounds all that good myself.

Colorado Bulldog:

Fill glass 1/2 full of crushed ice

Shot of Kahlua

Shot of Vodka

Fill glass up to 3/4 full with cream or milk (I prefer cream)

Top it off with Coca-Cola

MMMMmmmmm good!

Baby Guinness. Can be made with Kahlua, but made most often with Tia Maria. I like it with Patron XO Cafe. Yum!

The wife has finished about 2/3 of a tall sombrero and is falling asleep now. :smiley:

While I hardly advocate this, I did discover once that Kahlua and Coke tastes EXACTLY like that “Coke Blak” stuff they used to sell.

B52= Shot of Kahlua, shot of Grand Mariner, layer Bailey’s Irish Cream on top. Also excellent in coffee!

I had a good oatmeal cookie recipe that called for a little Kahlua, unfortunately I forgot where I found the recipe, too many cookbooks and magazines.

Make it even better by adding a small scoop of vanilla ice cream to the top of the mug!

Shame on you, Sir! Fie!

:slight_smile:

I missed this part!
Pour the Tequila and Kahlua into a glass, and (optionally) set on fire with a lighter.
Holy shit!

Anyone willing to tell me how Kahlua and whiskey work together?

The wife pased out after drinking her sombrero and is now afraid she’s an alcoholic. :rolleyes:

Did I warn you, or what?