Go away, zit. You are not welcome here.

Sitting there on my chin, looking like I had a marble implanted. You’re big enough that I should be able to squeeze you, so why can’t I? You’re disgusting, you know that? Either crown, or get the fuck off my face. Oh, wiseguy, eh? Let’s see how you like a scalding-hot washcloth!

To be continued…

Goddamn! How can it be humanly possible for skin to be so distended, but still not allow a lump of pus to break through it?!

I’m sure you mean well, Rilchiam, but I feel compelled to point out the blatant zitism in your OP. Why do you assume the zit took its residence on your face by choice? Have you ever considered that it was a mere chance occurence that led to its appearance at that specific spot at this exact moment in time, without any involvement of the zit’s free will? I’m sure that, when asked for its opinion, it would gladly have taken up space elsewhere, such as somewhere in the nether regions.

I also think I speak for all zits (even though not being one myself) when I take issue with your pejorative use of ‘lump of pus’. The correct term, as I’m sure you’re aware of, is ‘subdermal aggregate of amber-golden bodily liquid’.

Thank you for your kind attention.

BTW, have you considered pricking the damn thing with a needle?

Listen, you haven’t seen this zit. It’s evil, I tells ya, evil. It damn well did choose to settle on my chin, so it can sit there waving and saying “Hi! Look at me!”, thus ensuring my total humiliation. No way would it hide itself someplace discreet (discreet to others, that is).

Well, now it’s a subdermal bright-red aggregate of blood, because I’ve squeezed it. Looks like I’ll be wearing a band-aid tomorrow.

No…it’s bad enough as it is. I don’t want to court infection.

makeup…that’s why we girls are lucky.

I read somewhere that leaving toothpaste on it overnight will dry it out enough for you to scrape it off in the morning.

You really should pierce it with a needle. Then it’ll drain, and you’ll be better off for it. Odds are it’s already infected anyway.

Maybe its an ingrown hair? If so, best of luck to you. They’re a bitch to clear.

torie: I’ve heard that, but I’ve also heard that tartar-control toothpaste is strongly contraindicated. And that’s the only kind I have.

fush: I’m a woman. If I have hairs on my chin at all, that’s an even worse problem.

Kelly: I will probably end up doing that. I just have to work up the nerve.

Rilchiam,

You know, I should have noticed that when Torie said ‘we.’ Sorry 'bout that. :smiley:

Rilchiam, you have hairs on your chin, woman or not. They’re just smaller in most women than they are in most men.

And anyway, don’t complain too much. I have a zit just to one side of my right nipple.

<cosmitician hat ON>

OH MY GOD, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, DO NOY POKE IT WITH A NEEDLE!!!

Leave the blasted thing alone. You may use a hot compress if you want. Poking it with a needle will at worst lead to an infection, and at best lead to a big, pusy, mess.

It will come to a head within a day or two. In the mean time, to cover it, clean your face, apply your makeup as usual. dust the beastie with translucent power, apply concealer, and more powder.

It’s much easier to disguise a pimple than it is a big, nasty scab.

<cosmitician hat OFF>

<cosmitician hat ON>

OH MY GOD, FOR THE LOVE OF PETE, DO NOT POKE IT WITH A NEEDLE!!!

Leave the blasted thing alone. You may use a hot compress if you want. Poking it with a needle will at worst lead to an infection, and at best lead to a big, pusy, mess.

It will come to a head within a day or two. In the mean time, to cover it, clean your face, apply your makeup as usual. dust the beastie with translucent power, apply concealer, and more powder.

It’s much easier to disguise a pimple than it is a big, nasty scab.

<cosmitician hat OFF>

In my experience, covering zits with makeup makes them worse.

The hot compress, on the other hand, is a good idea.

Ohmygawd! That happened to me once! Isn’t it awful?

fush: No harm, no foul!

alice: Okay then! Wasn’t looking forward to it anyway. And I have the next two days off, so that should give it time to heal. Wore a band-aid today…incidentally, I did get asked a time or two if I’d cut myself shaving. :wink:

Shoot, I was hoping this would be a new pimple thread.

It could STILL be worse, it could be hiding in the girly bits. While it can’t cause embarrassment there, it can cause excruciating discomfort.

Personally, I tend to lance my zits, but that’s just me. And for those who scream “INFECTION!” let me assure you, I use a clean lancet or insulin needle.

Tried exorcism? :smiley:

If you must poke, peroxide!

Me too! But there is still hope! We haven’t heard the end of this story yet!

Thinks of the movie “how to get ahead in advertising”

Oh wait,. that was a boil.

I’ve found that an ice pack at night can sometimes trick the little bastards into leaving. Takes a couple of days, though, and sometimes they come up anyway!