"Go eat a dick." "Ok, don't mind if I do."

Fair warning: this is probably the most not-mind-safe, get out the brain-bleach, “Oh God, I immediately regret clicking that link” kind of article you’ll see.

I’m even putting a “spoiler space” so no one gets traumatized by the mouse-over.

An asexual man in Japan had his genitals surgically removed, then he cooked them up and served them to guests.

Spoilering the link because it might sort of be not work safe?

[spoiler]And breaking the URL, copy and paste this:

Warning: There are pictures in the article of the “main course.” And for me, when I loaded the page (on Firefox,) it loaded with the page all the way scrolled down to the bottom, where the pictures are.

Many questions come to mind (why would he do this, why would anyone else want to eat that, why are we fascinated by it, how did canabalism ‘slip through the cracks’ of the Japanese legal system, etc…) but for some reason, the one thing I’m most curious about is:

Why the Hell did he only charge $250 a plate?! I’d like to think that with the rarity of such a “dish,” and the type of people who ‘get off’, for lack of a better phrase, on spending gobs on money on crazy, rare, ‘once in a lifetime’ kind of shit like this, that he easily could have gotten $1000 a plate or more. I mean…you’d think at the very least he’d want enough to pay for the surgery and medical care he needed!

That actually looks delicious. I wonder what it tasted like?

He should have braised it in wine, lardons, mushrooms, and garlic.

Cock-au-Vin

:stuck_out_tongue:

Win!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ok, at this point Japan is just rubbing it in the noses of other countries who aspire to be weird.

You might even say they’re getting cocky.

Another reason why I’m a little weary of people who are just obsessed with Japan.

I am going to say I am extremely skeptical of the truth of this story. First of all, I am having a hard time finding articles about it in Japanese from reliable media sources.

It just screams hoax. The dining “event” may have happened, but I am extremely doubtful that any human flesh was actually served and consumed.

Few things make me genuinely ill… but this one did.

Yeah, my BS meter is pinging hard on this one. But who knows? Among other things, I just can’t imagine that sort of “medical waste” would be released in such a manner in Japan, assuming the person who performed it was a licensed doctor. I mean, if I got my bits cut off here in the US, I assume I wouldn’t be allowed to take them home with me, even if I wanted to, right?

And the secret ingredient this week on iron chef is…

YOUR BALLZ!

Well, that just about ruins it from now on whenever my GF tells me to go out to eat Japanese…

Where the hell do you find a doctor who’ll do that kind of surgery? I knew a woman who had a hard time finding a doctor to tie her tubes!

Eh, I’m not buying it. The pictures are indistinct, the cooked and plated pics could be anything. It’s not like cooked testes of other animals is unheard of or difficult to come by for some hoax pics. The baggie could have a pork chop in it for all I can tell.

Did the Dr. butcher up the parts and keep them refrigerated for the guy while he recovered?

I smell something, but I don’t think it’s cooked penis.

I’m on the ‘likely BS’ bandwagon - but I know that (many years ago) my brother got to take his tonsils home in a jar.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t let you do that anymore, though.

This one may or may not be BS but there the story of the German man who volunteered to be eaten by a cannibal that is 100% true and contains some of the same elements (the man who was killed and eaten was also the coworker of a board member). Germany and Japan are always a wacky pair but Germany still wins the gold.

“On the evening of March 9, the two men went up to the bedroom in Meiwes’ rambling timbered farmhouse. Mr Brandes swallowed 20 sleeping tablets and half a bottle of schnapps before Meiwes cut off Brandes’ penis, with his agreement, and fried it for both of them to eat.”

I heard he was only going to have 50 percent of it removed, but he didn’t want to go off half-cocked.

I also managed to find this story on it (again, possibly disturbing pictures in the article.)

Still might be faked, but the artist is a real person, this is his (her? one story says he identifies as asexual, the other says transexual…) website.

Its recommended to Always laugh at the chefs jokes at a Japanese Steakhouse. With those knives, you wouldn’t want to tempt them to castrate you & serve you up with rice.
Or flip the cooked bits into a table guests mouth…

flips testicle into hat
scared applause

What were they going to do if somebody wanted seconds?

Regards,
Shodan