God: Real or Fake?

Does God really exist? I and many other people have been debating this question for as long as I can remember; and I finally found a site that may actually have the intelligence to answer this question. If someone has a ligitimate response (backed by some proof or evidence) then please speak up. I’m sorry if this question has been posted before, but if so, then just a copy and paste from the other thread will do. I thank you for even looking at this thread. I myself believe there is no God, and we are what we are. I believe what I can see. Also, if it isn’t too much trouble, could you discuss the views of Atheism; I am pretty sure that they are pretty straight forward and consice, however I don’t know too much about it. Once again, thank you.

Devonski, welcome to the SDMB.

We have a forum just over the way called Great Debates. This thread may be moved there, or it may be deleted with the instruction that you re-start the thread there.

It may help you to use the search feature to search for previous threads on this topic. While I don’t post in many debate threads, I assure you that this topic has received a lot of attention before. Perhaps you should refine your topic a little?

thanks… ill try that; refine my topic?

Maybe narrowing down the topic of discussion a bit. Also, consider moving the thread over to Great Debate.

Wow. Yeah, narrow that just a tad.

And definitely look up some of our many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many religion threads. Not to cut you off, but you won’t get as many responses here this late at night, while those threads have hours and hours of reading.

Meantime, you can ask yourself this: furt: real or fake?

Devonski,

Welcome to the SDMB. This forum is for General Questions that have factual answers. We also have a Great Debates forum for debates and In My Humble Opinion for opinions and polls. Questions of a religious nature usually end up as debates.

We are not going to arrive at a factual answer to this question. So, I’m going to close this thread.

Please read the forum descriptions. Also, as AudreyK suggested, you might want to check out some of the discussions already started in Great Debates to get a feel for what goes on there. Then, you can either post to an existing thread or start your own debate.

DrMatrix - General Questions Moderator