Godzilla VS. Jesus: Clash of the Titans!

Ok, I wasn’t really sure where to post this. I just got a kick out of it and thought it was something the fine folks at the SDMB would enjoy.

The King of Monsters Vs. The King of the Jews! Let’s get reeaady tooo rrrrrrummmbbbble!:slight_smile:

There is a web site called “Who would buy that” (actually there are several who do the same thing) that posts odd auctions.

Actually, they won’t fight, they will mate. Their off-spring will be known as Jesusaurus Rex, or perhaps Jesusaurus Reg. The scientific community is still undecided.

[hijack]
Isn’t it funny how everyone calls Jesus “King of the Jews” except the Jews?
[/hijack]

Zev Steinhardt

But could either of them defeat an Imperial Star Destroyer?

Well, yup. :slight_smile:

Snoooooooooooooooooo…py: Only if Godzilla could use his radioactive breath to cause the turbolasers to turn into Roman candles and thus be completely ineffective against the moster.

(Did you ever notice how the tanks are so completely worthless against whatever giant monster they happen to face? Was this a term of the treaty they signed with us, that they would only be allowed a Defense Force with completely ineffective armored units?

Of course, the government always has to call out the tanks, simply because if they didn’t you can imagine the political fallout (no pun intended):

“My opponent, Mr. Fukkabarza, did not call out the Magic Blooming Flower Roman Candle Armored Defense Force the last time Yukaka, the Giant Radioactive Stinkbug, menaced Tokyo! Fukkabarza is Soft On Monsters!” (lips eventually stop moving)

And so Fukkabarza loses the election to his opponent, simply because Japan’s best defensive technology comes from Chinese firework makers.

Sad, really. But not as sad as his name.)

(Don’t think it’s confined to bad Japanese movies: The DEA is our Roman Candle Tank Force, and is just about as effective in the long run.)

Let’s hear what the combatants have to say.

Jesus: Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you and persecute you.

Godzilla: Greagggggh! Greaggggh!

somebody paid $21 for that!