good bye 2016 ...you piece of shit ...... (open invite rant thread)

Ok last year ended pretty good for me and I was optimistically thinking this year was going to be good also

By march I realized it was going down hill socially and personally …

Between things going to hell in the outside world and in my life specifically I was ready for it to be over with by may The last few months haven’t changed my mind in any fashion
usually the holidays cheers me up but those were shit on also …

So post if you had a shitty year also and tell this indescribable year to eat shit and fuck off and die … personal details optional …

Best of year: employed again after three years. :slight_smile:
Worst of year: wife died. :frowning:

I had to put my 11 year old dog to sleep the day after Christmas. Cancer. Anti-rant: I wasted no time in adopting another dog, and she’s a sweetie.

My dog died, my dad died, and my younger sister was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, 2016.

To quote Colonel Potter. “Here’s to the new year, may she be a damn site better than the old one”.

My wife and I have been deathly ill since the day after Christmas. Seems a fittingly fucked up end to a seriously fucked up year.

This year has been crap, but I’ve had worse.

I wouldn’t say its extraordinarily bad. It’s just a year in my life.

The worst part was finding out from my oncologist that this time he isn’t really expecting much remission, and definitely no cure, but we are trying to contain things, so it’s not like I have a set expiration date. 2017 might end up being worse for me.

“Hey 2016, go punch yourself in the dick.”

My New Years Eve is basically going to consist of alternate watching the above clip and Scorsese movies. Alone. This year has been shit for me, socially, professionally, and otherwise. Next to 1999, it is the year I have so much wanted to be over. Unfortunately, 2017 doesn’t seem to be shaping up to be much better.

Fuck this year.

Stranger

I lost my pet rat, my job, and far worst of all, my mother. My husband had triple bypass surgery following a semi large heart attack, almost lost my MIL. Plenty of car trouble and general poverty have rounded out the year. I am ready to burn the calendar. But, starting a new job soon and just grateful to make it through this Annus horribilis… May we all have a better 2017!

My mother in law died in July and I’ve given up on searching for a new job. All that time and money spent on getting my MBA was wasted. I’ll be stuck at this dead end job until I die.

My life hasn’t changed much this year…

I’m concerned about 2017.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Besides the deaths of many talented, generous people and the fact that we’re still stuck with idiots, extremists, fascists, and fools…

–A friend I’ve known since kindergarten for whom I’ve had some very strong feelings over the years (yes, we were briefly intimate), stopped communicating with me in March, and I discovered 8 mos later via a mutual friend that he’d gotten remarried in July and moved nearly 2000 miles away without telling anyone beyond immediate family.
When confronted via email, he apologized profusely and said he’d had to make a leap out of his miserable life (he wanted a “Hallmark movie life”), and hated his workplace but needed financial security to put his two grown daughters through college and maintain their health insurance.
So he got back together with a woman he’d broken up with three times before (she wanted to be together; he didn’t) who can support him and the girls if anything happens to him (he is a hypochondriac). He was too embarrassed to tell his friends about it. Now he “hopes it will all work out.” :dubious:
Good grief. I feel sorry for his new wife and I’ve never even met her.

At first, I thought you’d written “Anus Horribilis.”

But that would have been perfectly accurate too.

2016, I’m through with you. Your money is on the dresser.

2016 was a mixed bag for me. Nearly got divorced, survived. Got a big promotion. Oldest brother is circling the drain. He’ll probably not last much longer. I moved to the city I wanted to live in. I had many, many parenting struggles. Meh.

Now, 2017. That fucking terrifies me.

My dad died. We knew it was coming for a long time, but COPD is a really shitty way to go and it was painful to watch. I never had a close connection with him and I’m not good at emotions so it’s hard for me to be of much comfort to my mom and my brothers and sisters.

It’s all relative, I guess.

In March, I had three seizures in one day, two on the goddamn floor at my new job, with ambulances, the whole nine yards. Surprise! I’m epileptic! I had to quit the best antidepressant I’ve ever taken cold turkey, and was put on an anticonvulsant medication from hell, that put me in such a fog I couldn’t write, read, or hold a conversation worth shit, and also made me severely depressed. The impact of the seizures also put me in a psychological tailspin from hell, so throw some raging PTSD in there. I couldn’t drive for six months, so I was basically a recluse basket case.

Then within weeks of my seizures, my mother twisted her knife in my back for the last fucking time and I ended our relationship. I said, ‘‘rot in hell, you narcissistic, soul-sucking bitch,’’ those were the last words I ever said to my mother. I have to live with that for the rest of my life. Since I don’t have a relationship with my Dad, that’s it for me. I don’t have parents. The hardest thing is coming to terms with the fact that I never did. It’s unbelievably painful. Agony. Makes me realize what a wounded little child I still am, despite all my progress, and I have to face it.

But I remember turning to my husband, even when my brain was a mushy ball of Keppra-fied worthlessness, and saying, ‘‘Goddamn, am I glad this isn’t 2014.’’ Because in 2014 I lost my job, and a week later I lost my baby, and by the end of that year I had almost lost my marriage. My marriage, the only thing I’ve ever had faith in, almost died along with our unborn child. I really can’t conceive of anything worse.

What has 2016 been? Health problems, psych problems, and Mama drama, so nothing we haven’t done before, just ratcheted up a few notches. We’ve got each other, and hell, we’ve got a house now, jobs we love, we’re living in our home state near his family, and his Dad and stepmom sure put into sharp relief the difference between what I had for parents and what a loving parent actually is. They really think I’m their child. It’s weird, but in a good way.

And then, in September, the time of year that is typically the worst for me, shit really turned around for the better. The new seizure pills I switched to after 6 months of Keppra hell turned out to be utterly fucking fantastic at treating my depression. Lamictal is better than the depression pill that probably gave me those seizures in the first place. For once I’m glad irony is on my side for a change. And now… we’re going to adopt a child. As in, finally forked over money to an agency, processing our home study as we speak, it’s happening for real.

It’s bizarre but I think 2016 was one of the best years of my life.

And my stress this year certainly can’t hold a candle to the shit some of you are dealing with. Hat’s off. It’s almost over.

I lost four very close friends in about 12 weeks. Three of them were completly out of the blue. 2016 can bite my ass.

I declared bankruptcy, was hospitalized for a week, my wife had both hips replaced within 11 months of each other. My mother and I both rear ended cars on the freeway within a week of each other. This year has been a difficult one.

Got laid off in early December from the company I’ve worked for for more than 30 years, and my sister, who had been battling breast cancer, now is battling lung cancer as well.

I’d say, “fuck 2016”, but I have a feeling I’m going to want to save that sentiment for 2017.