Good Commercials for product you never used.

I was thinking of old commercial recently mostly due to a comment made by Green Bean in the Pit. The one that stands out in my mind is Steak Ems. When I was a kid I loved that commercial. Now I can only remember the end of it:

“You can Steak Em to the north, You can Steak Em to the south, but the best part of all is when you Steak Em in your mouth”.

OK, kind of lame now, but when I was seven I wanted some Steak Ums. My Mom never got any, and somehow 30 years later I’ve never got around to buying them myself. I wonder if they still make them. Anyway anybody esle got a favorite like this?

“Snausages, snausages, snausages, snausages!”

Loved that commercial.

Steak 'ems were still at the market about 4 or 5 years ago, so I figure they’re probably still around. My ex loved them, with grilled peppers and onions and lots of hot mustard on a toasted bun. Damn, now I want one.

My two favourite commercials are for cars. I have never owned a car in my life so I guess they count.

One is the ice-cool one where the car in the carpark suddenly transformes and starts dancing (not just cool, but inspires memories from the days of ‘transformers - robots. in. disguise.’)

The other is the singing in the rain one. I posted about it and a lot of the replies were heavily divided… but my opinion, never having seen the film, was that the advert was the epitome of cool

“In a blanket!”

When just one type of snausages wasn’t enough. :smiley:

I don’t think I’ve ever bought a can of Libby’s anything, not quite sure they’re even still on the market, but who could forget “If it says Libby’s, Libby’s, Libby’s on the label, label, label” then…um, something, something, something to your table maybe?

Huh, ok, guess I did mostly forget. :smack:

I don’t have a dog, but me and my friends were endlessly amused by the Beggin’ Strips commercials in college.
“BaconbaconbaconbaconbaconbaconIsmellBACON!!! - dogs don’t know it’s not bacon.”

I don’t like rum, but the Bundaberg rum ads are great. The ‘dropbears’ ad has become a bit of a classic. You can view it here by clicking Advertising, Commericals, and Drop Bears. Favourite line: “and they grab your head… by… your head”

My favorite commercial of all time - I only saw it once and I don’t even remember what it was for. It was some stereo system, I think.

The kid driving a car with “Another One Bites the Dust” blasting from his car radio. The camera pulls out and you see an old man sitting next to him looking annoyed. The camera pulls out a little more and you see that the kid is leading a funeral procession :smiley:
Since I don’t even remember which stereo system it was for, I can honestly say I’ve never used it. But that commercial sticks with me.

“I CAN’T READ!”

That’s my favorite line from that ad.

And Steak Ums are still around. I’ve got some in the freezer. They are kind of expensive, though, so I only get them when the market has a buy-one-get-one-free sale.

I remember this one. *If it says Libby’s, Libby’s, Libby’s on the label, label, label you’ll like it, like it, like it, on teh table, table, table. *

congodwarf that sounds hysterical!

That’s because dogs are retarded. (“Steve, Don’t Eat It!” may be the funniest thing I’ve * ever * read on the internet.)

I refuse to eat at Sonic but their commercials are frequently pretty entertaining. The two guys in the drivethrough are funny but the one with the guy and his wife slay me.

Her: “Today my body told me to eat this salad.”
Him: “What else did your body tell you? Did your body tell you to wear that sweater?”

Bwhaahaa… I’ve seen it half a dozen times and I still laugh out loud.

Geico has consistently entertaining and creative commercials for well over a decade now. Never called 'em.

Volkswagen had a great stretch there a while ago too – I liked the Pink Moon one, the one with the two dudes and the couch, and the Mr. Roboto commercial (I think that was a VW). Never bought one.

–Cliffy

Uh-oh, Spaghettios!

Ugh! Oh God!! Spaghettios!!!

After finally moving out from home, I had to shop for myself and saw Spaghettios on sale. My mother would never buy such a thing. When the first spoonful went into my mouth I spat it out. Eww! Mother was right. My dog was happy though. :eek: :eek: :eek: