Good idea or bad idea

Oh you have a potion? Why didn’t you say so earlier? If you have a potion you’ll be fine.

:smiley:

Gators are zany!

Gators cause pain-ey!

All-i-gator snacks!
Those are the facts!

If the potion wards off everything in the swamp, how will you get the frogs you seek?

:confused:

It might be a good idea if you go, e.fred, for all of the rest of us.
Darwin, the gene pool, and all that.

I used to work in the alligator-infested waters of the Everglades. I had a couple of close run-ins with them; it only takes one for you to develop a healthy dose of respect.

Most alligators will stay away from you, especially if they are in an area where humans do not interact with them on a regular basis. But any ole public boat launch? Stay the fuck out the water. Humans have an annoying tendency to feed alligators in those areas, and thus the alligators associate humans with food and aren’t wary of them.

Not to mention, you have absolutely no chance in defending yourself while scuba diving.

I literally cannot stop laughing at this. I can’t breathe.

I might have to embroider this on a pillow.

??

I thought Cafe Society was the correct forum for discussions of cuisine?

Florida gators can be dangerous. But Louisiana (SU) Tigers are worse.

Do you have a permit to collect wildlife? If not, you are breaking the law by removing frogs and other animals from their native habitat. Check local laws.

Will there be any laws broken for removing e.fred from his native habitat? :stuck_out_tongue:

According to a handful of sites I spent a great deal of time (ok, a minute or so) googling, the state of Louisiana has laws against killing, harassing, molesting(?), or attempting to move alligators.

However, according to these same highly reliable sources (one that looks kinda like a news article) St. Tammany Parish is the only parish in Louisiana where it is against the law to feed alligators.

So as long as e.fred doesn’t go scuba diving in St. Tammany Parish, feeding himself to the gators should be perfectly legal.

(IANAL)

Sure, but the Alabama Crimson Tide will sweep both of them away.

In Sunday’s episode of 60 Minutes, Anderson Cooper went scuba diving with Nile alligators. He said one key is going when the water temps are cool. When warmer, the gators are faster and tend to attack more. Check it out.

Study: Alligators Dangerous No Matter How Drunk You Are

I didn’t even know people bothered to go scuba diving in swamps. :eek:

It’s not like you have endanger yourself just to go and catch frogs, dude. Just check out some local ponds.

So how do you know it was an alligator?

and they say sarcasm is difficult to express in text. :smiley:

Well, some of us here have been working on it for quite a while. :slight_smile:

Gators can run about 30 mph and can climb trees. I’ve been taught by Florida naturalists that, if you are being chased by an alligator, your best bet is to run in a zig zag pattern. Apparently, they do not corner well. But they will shimmy right up a tree after you. Personally, I have not put any of this swamp lore to the test.

Please return and report.