GOOD THOUGHTS for 2001

I “recently” started a thread here to reflect back on events and memories of the past year…Morrison’s Lament and Silver Fire posted responses that broke my heart. I’ve encountered a number of special people here on the boards and Silver is one person in particular who has always touched my soul and made me smile. To know a little of what she went thru last year moved me deeply.
Silver Fire, it’s not much, but if you ever feel the need to unload on someone, for any reason (a shoulder to cry on or an ear to vent to), please let me know:

Scott
BlkShp30@aol.com

While I’m at it, I’d like to extend a few other thoughts to Dopers out there:
FairyChatMom-May this be the year you unleash your dancer’s spirit (although, talk about tired feet…)
Scotticher-Hope you and your friend are healing from the tragedy of last year that had all of us reeling. {{{{{Scotti}}}}}
Techchick-Is everything going well for your grandmother and the rest of the family? You have all my very best.
tatertot-You’re simply the best. Stand tall.{{{{{tater}}}}}
Ruffian-2001 is gonna be so awesome for you and DL…you probably have the most insane schedule of anyone here, but I have faith, 'cuz you rock, girl! Congratulations on everything (except the church mix-up…booo!)
AudreyKakes-Thank you for so many kind thoughts…you are an angel. xoxoxox

Anyone else out there want to wish someone here some good thoughts for the new year?

Wow. Thank you so much for the good thoughts and the offer. It means a lot to me that so many people care. But 2001 seems to be headed in a direction far better than last year. Yesterday my mom went to work for the first time in about 120 days. It went well for her. She’s been able to eat more and we expect her to gain some weight soon.

As for me, my New Years Resolution is to smile more. It’s working out well so far. I’m also taking more time for myself and trying to worry about everyone else a little less. Okay, that may sound a bit harsh but trying to be so caring and understanding towards others, without taking the time to worry about myself, is very stressful. I’m looking forward to a very good year. :slight_smile:

(BTW, didn’t I kill that thread? Yes, yes I did.)

I recently had a job interview with a very nice man who wished me luck in my search (he will offer the job to people with more experience first, and there are many).

He told me “Yesterday is a cancelled check, today is cash, and tomorrow is a promissory note.”

I’d like to try to adopt that as one of my good thoughts for 2001. And I’d like to extend warm wishes and good thoughts to all the SDMB members and mods who have entered my life and changed it.

Thank you all!

----:)/ x o x o
----///\\

Hello and best wishes to you, Spider Woman, on your job search. May you have a great 2001.

To every Doper, especially poohpah chalupa, KKBattousai, silent_rob, and CnoteChris– I hope your 2001 is bright and happy and filled with lots o’ good times. I don’t think any of you deserve anything less than that.

Love you guys. :slight_smile:

…which, knowing you, means that you’re “only” going to be fifty times more thoughtful than the average person instead of a hundred times.

You have no idea how big of a smile that puts on my face. I speak for all of us when I say you have our collective best wishes.
:smiley:

You have no idea how much your words mean to me, poopah. Thank you.

Have a great year everyone!

:slight_smile:

Yes, this year is insane…and the church mix-up has yet to resolve to my satisfaction. Grr.

But the wedding (and the honeymoon)…now THAT’S good stuff!

May your 2001 be full of downright stunning pleasant surprises!

Dear Scott~
I am sorry I missed this thread until now. I want to thank you for your kind thoughts, both for me and for some of my favorite people.

You are such a loving and giving man, Scott…I feel priviledged to be your friend.

(((Scott)))

I hope 2001 brings you only the best of life!

Cheri