[QUOTE=Little Nemo]
I think it’s funny how on a show with a female creator there’s basically a flipover of the television standard - the female characters are attractive but “realistic” while the male characters all look like models.
[/QUOTE]
It’s a nice change. I, personally, am a McSteamy woman. He looks a lot like Marat Safin, who’s equally yummy.
[QUOTE=LavenderBlue]
The real disappointment would be if Isiah Washington said he was gay. Dempsey and Knight are cute but I.W. is hands down the sexiest guy on the show.
[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Otto]
Yeah, because you had a shot at any of them.
[/QUOTE]
Wow that’s a really undeservedly nasty response.
FYI, I am very happily married to a man I adore. But it doesn’t mean I can’t appreciate a little well placed eye candy.
I’m also not ready to immediately believe everything I read in a tabloid gossip column. The NY Daily News is a fun paper but it’s not always noted for accuracy.
Personal comments about other posters are out of place in this forum. Otto, your remark was uncalled for. And you apologize by offering yet another personal comment? Pfui. Behave yourself.
As a straight woman I fail to see what’s so horrible about expressing a little disappointment that a cute guy is gay. I would expect a gay guy to feel the same way about a hot heterosexual man.
If you don’t understand why the “what a shame he’s gay” sentiment is insulting I’m not sure if I can explain it to you.
[/QUOTE]
Oh good grief. Please stop insinuating I a homophobe. :rolleyes: You are mistakenly perceiving insult where none was ever intented. The sentiment wasn’t “what a shame he’s gay” but “what a shame my heterosexual fantasies are even more unrealistic.”
In fact I think the allegation of homophobia are so serious that I wouldn’t want to believe that of anyone without good reason. I need a better source than the National Enquirer to accept as truth that Isiah Washington feels that way. That’s an insult to bad journalism; not gays.
[QUOTE=LavenderBlue]
Oh good grief. Please stop insinuating I a homophobe.
[/quote]
I did not insinuate that you were a homophobe. I stated, I thought pretty clearly, that you said something I found insulting. I’m not responsible for the inferences you draw from there.
GODDAM IT, WHEN A MODERATOR SAYS “COOL IT”, HE MEANS “COOL IT.”
Yes, I know that upper case is shouting. I am shouting.
Otto: there is a difference between “You have insulted me” and “I find your remarks insulting.” You are attacking and insulting LavenderBlue as a person. She may (or may not) be insulting gays as a group, she may (or may not) be insulting herself for having sex-fantasies, but neither of those are against the rules. She may insult T.R.Knight, if she wants, although I don’t think she is. She is not insulting YOU, but you are certainly insulting her.
It will stop, and NOW. Accusations against another poster are not permitted in this forum. You want to criticize her as a person, or as a poster, you take it to the Pit. This thread is a discussion of T.R. Knight, not of Lavender nor any other poster.
[QUOTE=LavenderBlue]
I’m certainly not ready to believe ANYTHING I read citing material from a rag like the National Enquirer.
[/QUOTE]
Actually, the National Enquirer of the last fifteen or so years has had a very good track record for accuracy and scoops (viz. their coverage of the O.J. Simpson trials). They were burned by celebrity libel lawsuits in the '70s and '80s enough that their lawyers make sure their sources are solid.
It’s gotten more and more like People, while People has gotten more and more like the old National Enquirer.
[QUOTE=sturmhauke]
I just want to say that I find Dr. McBastard a skeevy weasel, and I don’t get what women see in him. My wife agrees.
[/QUOTE]
Do you mean McVet, McSteamy, or McDreamy?
[QUOTE=amarinth]
Do you mean McVet, McSteamy, or McDreamy?
[/QUOTE]
I think we can safely say that McVet isn’t a skeevy weasel. In fact, my biggest complaint about him is that he’s too vanilla.
I’d say it would have to be either McSteamy or McDreamy. Personally, I think McDreamy (Patrick Dempsey) has fallen into the Tom Cruise trap. He thinks that all he has to do is smile the right way and women will fall over themselves. It worked the first time. It ceased working with me sometime during S.2 and now I find his sultry voice and puppy dog expression to be downright annoying. Quit posing!
McDreamy’s character, on the other hand, is definitely a jerk. But he intrigues me in a way that neither McVet nor McDreamy do.