Great moments in crappy films

I’m sure this has been done before, but I didn’t want to bump a zombie.

Watched the first live-action Scooby Doo again recently, the one with Sarah Michele Gellar and Mathew Lilliard. There’s a great moment toward the end when their spirits keep randomly switching bodies and Shaggy switches into Daphne’s body. In his most plaintive whine, Shaggy says:

“Oh, Daphne, what’s wrong with you? Don’t you ever eat?”

Great line. Cracks me up every time.

So I married an axe murderer. " 'EED! Move! NOW!"

They Live, the alley fight scene.

Scooby Doo, So I Married an Axe Murderer, and They Live are crappy movies? Tough crowd! I loved every one of them.

Billy Jack. 99% of the movie was unadulterated shit, but damn that fight scene in the park . . . That scene was worth the price of the DVD in the discount rack.

I didn’t care much overall for “Duets.” But the film does have a lot of great little moments, especially Andre Braugher’s acapella rendition of Freebird at the end. That always chokes me up a little.
Also the freeway chase scene in “The Matrix Reloaded” where the two semis ram each other at the end - friggin’ awesome.

The Day of the Triffids. A terrible movie (from a book that should have made a perfect horror film), but there is one scene that works brilliantly: “Is the captain blind?”

Whoa! Don’'t forget the infamous improv,

“I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass… and I’m all out of bubblegum.”

Was that the scene where he says “I’m going to put this foot on that side of your head, and you know what? There isn’t a damn thing you can do about it.” ?

Yeah, awesomeness.

Tom Baker’s scene in Dungeons & Dragons. The movie had a bad script, bad acting and was thoroughly awful. Then, Baker shows up and demonstrates what a good actor can do with just his body and voice. The look on his face does more to evoke magic than all the CGI in the movie.

Wow. While not a great film that was definitely the crappiest moment in it.
The never ending alley fight scene that ground the movie to a screeching halt.

I loved the opening scene of the Highlander movie. The rest of the movie I forgot cause it was, well, forgetable.

“On Deadly Ground” was pretty bad, but is still worth a viewing to watch Michael Caine chew the scenery as a corrupt, Indian jacket-wearing oilman in one of his “I know this movie is bloody awful, but care so long as they give me a paycheck” roles.
It also contains one of the unintentionally funniest moments in '90s action cinema when R. Lee Ermey, playing a mercenary, waxes poetically about what a badass Steven Seagal’s eco-warrior is.

Here’s the quote:

I’m not sure I would it a “great moment”, but for a movie that is so notoriously bad as Gigli, one forgets that both Christopher Walken and Al Pacino each have a monologue in it. Christopher really gets to show that there are actors and then there are actors - there are the people who who are living the rich lifestyle and are globally famous and then there are self-earned people with actual talent, who perform with a presence and a sense of artistry. Gigli makes the distinction absurdly clear:

The door in the scene makes it especially symbolic. In goes talent, out goes talent. In the room remains Ben Affleck in a bowling shirt, Jennifer Lopez on a sofa and a guy who’s supposed to be mentally challenged but more comes across as somebody who makes fun of handicapped people. The three of them compete for who can dumb down the movie the most. It’s an even fight.

Re: cactus waltz’s link-
Oh my word! I’d never seen the film, I never -want- to see the film, and the pie line is a bit goofy, but beyond that… Wow. Walken comes in, owns the scene completely, and then leaves. It’s staggering how charismatic he is.

The Labyrinth isn’t the greatest movie of all times. I like it because I can see the potential in Jennifer Connelly. But the scene where she first enters the maze and meets the worm still cracks me up.

The 90’s remake of Godzilla was almost uniformly awful, but the scene where Jean Reno bluffs his way into an American military base by doing the world’s worst Elvis impersonation was hilarious.

This may not count as a crappy movie. It’s possible I just didn’t “get” it, but I hated Blue Velvet.

However, there’s a scene with Dean Stockwell playing someone who is magnificently drunk, but still trying to act “smooth”. His facial expression in the scene is just perfect.

That is one of the best scenes ever filmed. But it never occured to me that he’s drunk. He’s just Ben. Here’s to Ben!

Every moment Michael Moriarty has onscreen in Q.

My answer to this question is always the generally forgettable Honey, I Blew Up the Kid, in which Rick Moranis has accidentally embiggened his toddler son to 100x normal size or so. The poor kid is wandering around, not recognizing anything, quite upset, throwing a very destructive tantrum.

The solution they come up with, which I have to give them credit for being genuinely clever and logical in the absurd situation, is to embiggen his wife, the toddler’s mother, to the same scale. The toddler will then recognize her and she will be able to comfort and control him until they can be shrunk.

A witness to this dramatic event speaks the immortal words:

Look at the SIZE of that mother!

The excessiveness of the fight was what made it so wonderful. All he wanted him to do was put on the glasses. That’s it! Put on the pair of glasses. Take a second. No. (cue 10 minutes of awesome smackdown).

My nominee is Valentine’s Day, which still in the theaters. Luckily, it happens in the first 10 minutes, so you can leave and go see something good in the theater next door.

The weather girl. I fell on the floor laughing.