Great Scott! New Fallout announced

Given the mammoth Fallout 3 thread thought they’re be some interest in this announcement, a new Fallout game penned for 2010.

Called Fallout: New Vegas.
Not developed by Bethesda, but shipped out to Obsidian, who made KOTOR II among other things. Not a sequel to Fallout 3, but will probably use Fallout 3’s engine given the timeframe.

Opinions? I’d rather have Fallout: New London announced in Vegas to be honest.

Given the cold war themes and look of the game I’d rather it stay in America. I’d still buy a London game though.

I think the more relevant previous work by Obsidian’s development crew would be Fallouts 1 and 2. :slight_smile: Obsidian is, for all intents and purposes, Black Isle 2.0. Hell, the two guys who run the company, Feargus Urquhart and Chris Avellone, designed Fallout 2 and wrote the official Fallout bible, respectively.

I loved Fallout 3, and I’m very excited to see what will come of this collaboration.

Damn you. :mad:

Now I have to spend the next circa 15 months thinking about how I’m not playing Fallout 4 yet.

Black Isle 2.0! Awesome. I enjoyed Fallout 3 but nowhere near to the extent of 1&2.

I thought Bethesda has exclusive ownership of the Fallout name now, glad to see I was mistaken.

EDIT: I see it is still owned by Bethesda but they’re willing to allow another company to develop the game. That’s nice of them.

Man, if they dig up/own the notes for the original Fallout 3 project (Van Buren?), this will be every kind of sweet.

A nod to Wasteland, no doubt.