Great timing Jack Chick, shall we expect a tract after all tragedies?

Having heard about the jail fire down South a couple of days ago, Jack Chick capitalizes on the event and posts this track from 1983: Bad Bob

What a jerk. I’m Christian, somewhat evangelical, and I admire those who prostelytize, but sensitivity is something of a virtue.

Check out the footnote on the sherrif’s statement “That kid might be a little off base.” Is it just me, or is Chick criticizing something that wasn’t even said?

UnuMondo

uhhh…

Hasn’t that track been available for the last 19 years, and the jail fire been known about for the last few days?

Are you expecting him to look into the future and plan ahead? Or what?

Of course, I expect that. Jack’s got a direct line to God, after all :rolleyes:

So is “Bad Bob” any relation to “Uncle Bob”?

The tract has been available since 1983, but buried in his catalog. Right after the jail fire he posted it on the front page. Can you see how he was capitalizing on the news? I’m sure the victims of those who died in the fire (some of whom were only spending the weekend there for petty crimes) would be thrilled to see Jack Chick shouting “Hey, they might be going to Helll!”

UnuMondo

A friend of mine told me about a guy whose residence was completely destroyed by a tornado on a Saturday morning, a time of day when you’re not likely to be out running errands. But he was spared … because he was in jail at the time.

Jail can save your life!

Jail fire…?

Yea verily, JESU CHRISTOS made the madman KILL HIS FAMILY so he shall SURVIVE THE IMPENDING SHIT-STORM TORNADO! THE KILLER WAS IN JAIL, AS IT WAS WILLED BY JESU, LORD AND SAVIOUR, ALLRIGHTY! WHEN LORD YHVH THE ANONYMOUS AND ALLRIGHTY FLUSHED HIS TOILET, THE KILLER WAS SPARED! YAHEVIHOU SPARES THE WICKED TO GIVE EXAMPLE OF GOOD BEHAVIOUR! OG SMASHETH VIRTUE! YVVHHY WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS LAID OUT IN THE BIBLE OF SAINTS, JACK CHICK PAMPHLETS!

KJV STANDS FOR Killers Jews Vandals!

IT IS EVIL!

:smiley:

:eek:

Having Bill Murray play the sherrif was an interesting touch.

http://ghastly.keenspace.com/d/20020428.html

This says all that needs to be said about Chick tracts.

Hey! What’s up with the quote tags in my post?

Not exactly. He’s criticizing the kid because something wasn’t said. The kid didn’t order Bob to repent; he said god already loved him, no strings. So not even all avowed Christians measure up to Chick standards.

Eight inmates died in a North Caroline jail this past Friday. Most of them were staying overnight for petty crimes. (http://www.msnbc.com/news/747604.asp) Incidentally, Jack Chick posts a tract about a jail fire and hellfire on his mainpage, despite the tract being from 1983. Coincidence? Unlikely.

[hijack]When did the Harry Potter Chick tract go up? I missed it, but I was a bit disappointed. It just wasn’t as evil as I expected it to be. [/hijack]