Grocery store mishap in produce! / Schadenfreude

Who (i) bites into anything without knowing what it is, or (ii) starts eating the food they’re buying while they’re still in the grocery store?

My mother-in-law always eats at least one grape from the bunch “to make sure they’re not bad.” This kind of drives me crazy, but luckily I only have to go to the grocery store with her a couple of times a year while she’s visiting, so I just grit my teeth and ignore it.

You don’t shop much, do you? :smiley:

Guilty as charged, regarding item (ii), Your Honor.

It’s much easier to avoid impulse purchasing if you’re already munching on something, I’ve found. So I’ll grab a couple chicken strips from the deli to snack on while I’m shopping. The bag rings up the same at the checkstand, empty or full. :wink:

Oh, and I never a hot pepper, but I did mistakenly a corn cob.

I adjectively verbed a noun

Sure, you TALK big…

Joe

What’s worse than accidentally biting into a hot pepper is when you pop a cherry tomato from the garden into your mouth, and you realize too late that it has that rancid spoiled taste but you’re already swallowing it.

Then you gradually discover that you need more sunlight, your voice takes on a hoarse, earthy tone, roots start growing out of your arms and legs, you’re vining up the wall and next thing you know the neighborhood pets begin vanishing.

Not according to wiki.

ññññññ

Ok, I’m over it now.