Guess the Guitar Riff using Onomatopoeia Hints

Hit the quote button before you take a guess. Feel free to toss out your own whenver. Oh, let’s attempt to keep them numbered too.

1. Bow-wahnt ump-um-bump-um Bow-wahnt ump-um-bump-um Bernt-da-bertn-da-bertn da-Bow-Wahnt

2. uh-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-nah Ernt nnt na! uh-na-na-na-na-na-na-na-nah Ernt nnt na!

I have no clue, but this thread should produce some *hilarious * posts.

1. Budda-dit budda-dit budda-dit kneeannnn yow!

Barracuda - Heart ?

Good guess, considering my clue, but no.

(To my ear, Barracuda would be more like, *“bum-didda bum-didda bum-didda bum-didda bahhh-RANGGG!” *:p:D)

First one is Smoke on the water I think.

No clue on the second.

Nope, sorry.

I can’t quite get any of these so far, but I’ll try a couple of my own:

1. duh-nuh-nuh-nuh, duh-nuh-nuh-nuuh-nuuh; du-nuh-nuh-nuh, du-nuh-nuh-nuhhh-naw-nuuuuuuuuh.

2. da-dum, na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na na-na-na-na na-na-na-na na-na-na-na-na-na-na-nah.

Found these almost as hard to post as they are to guess! One extra note can ruin the effect.

Drastic Quench

1. American Woman

blondebear
3) Jeremy

Nah, that wold be bum bum BUM, bum bum BA-DUM, bum bum BUM, BUM-BUM

Nope. I think I should go ahead and give the answer for mine. After pulling up the song in question and listening to it more closely, my hint really doesn’t sound like the middle riff from the Live at Leeds version of Shakin’ All Over…at all. :dubious::frowning:

I think this game would be great to play around a campfire.

Nope.

ANSWER:

China Grove - Doobie Bros.

1. Highway to Hell?

Sort of see where you’re getting that, but it’s not what I was shooting for. I think the second set has one too many “nuhs” to be “Highway to Hell”.

I would’ve replaced the 'bump-um-bump-um" with “scritch-a-scritch-a” :wink: This should be a fun thread.

I think that No. 2 is Led Zeppelin’s “Communication Breakdown.”

WINNER WINNER! Poultry entree.

Man, I cannot do this. I must have no ear for music.

I’m going to try one more, if no-one has got any of mine by tomorrow I’ll try adding some clues, ultimately ending up with the band name. This next one is a bass riff:

1. dum dum dum da-dum, da-dum dum dum#dum dum dum da-#dum, da-dum dum dum [repeats]

Slight hints - in this one the commas simply represent a slight hesitation in the rhythm, and the # symbol shows a change of pitch; in 4), your only clue is the commas showing slight hesitations, no pitch changes are indicated (but this one is really very well-known; in 5), comma means the same, hyphenated syllables indicate the same note (except the first two!) and spaces are where there is a change of pitch.

Sorry if this isn’t in the spirit of the game but it looks like we could use the help!

1. Badadat-da. Bada-Badadadat. Badadat-da. Bada-Badadadat. Badadat-da. Bada-Badadadat. Badadat-da. Badat-da-da. Daaananana. Daaananana. Danta. Danta. Danta. Danta. Daaananana. Daaananana. Danta. Danta. Danta. Dantaaaaaa.

The Who - Won’t Get Fooled Again ?

Also, username. I… summoned you.