Guns'n'Roses have cancelled the rest of their tour!

The useless tossers! They must have spent years, trying to make this happen, and now Mr Axl decides that he just can’t be bothered any more. So much for the great comeback.

*LA superstars bail out after second no-show

Guns N’ Roses have aborted their first US tour in ten years, after failing to appear at a scheduled show in Philadelphia on December 6.

Axl Rose’s band had been scheduled to tour until the end of December. Their tour had been receiving positive reviews after an initial hiccup when fans rioted in Vancouver, Canada when the singer failed to turn up for what was supposed to have been the tour’s opening show.

A spokesperson for the Philadelphia venue, the First Union Center, told the Associated Press that Guns cancelled their show after a band member fell ill. As yet the band’s label, Interscope, have not issued a statement explaining why the remaining tour dates have been pulled.*

Axl Rose = class act!

What a shock. I’m totally surprised. I never thought something like this would happen. Axl Rose has normally been the most reliable entertainer in the world. Something must be seriously wrong for them to have cancelled the tour.

I’m not suprised at all. Isn’t this one of the reasons GnR tanked to begin with ?

Holy crap!

I guess I saw their last performance, then.

Man, talk about alienating your fans!

Well he’s pissed me off, he’s pissed off his tour promoters, and probably the rest of his band.

I’ll still buy the album out of optimism. If they ever release the damned thing.

This just in: G-N-R cancel tour, sky blue, water wet, film at 11.

The man has serious performance issues. I think they should stop kidding themselves and their fans, quit putting “tours” together, and become a fulltime studio band like the Beatles did.

Oh wait, they can’t even do that right.

So at what point does a bunch of guys hanging out together* constitute “being a band.” If you aren’t performing gigs, and aren’t releasing albums/records, then I believe at some point you have to question the use of the word “band.”
Happy
*And actually, I don’t think Axl even hangs out with these guys very much, from what I read.

Zorro, do you realize this wasn’t a GnR reunion but Axl touring with other people playing GnR music?

Not sure if you were aware since your OP made it sound like they tried for years to get back together and did. They didn’t. Axl is too much of a moron for the others to put up with anymore.

Oh yes, I was aware of that, but I saw their concert in London and it was truly fantastic, so I wasn’t too bothered by the fact that everyone else except Dizzy Reed had buggered off. Besides, it’s probablier easier to find a good substitute guitarist (Buckethead rock, really) than another guy who has the same voice as Axl Rose. I think it’s a great shame that they’re messing up this opportunity, because they were very good indeed.

Now we’ll just have to see what happens about this album.

I always thought the rest of the band was far more talented than Axl. I read somewhere they’re all getting back together too, and trying to find a new singer.

For those of you that want to read/see more:
One of the morning hosts on a station here is a huge GnR fan. He went to the show. He got to see the whole thing.

(The following link is a Real Audio file) Listen to the riot as reported by him on his cell phone.

See the aftermath by scrolling to the Rich at Guns N Roses section and clicking on the Read More… link.

I heard a rumor that the Philly show was cancelled because Axl was still in NYC watching a basketball game and didn’t want to leave. Probably not true, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was.

I’d be pissed, if I hadn’t stopped caring years ago. Hopefully the ex-GNR members will wrest the name from Axl’s shrivelled narcissistic ass and carry on.

I got news for you…you’ll never see “Chinese Democracy” either.

Wow…I guess I saw their second to last show, then. Not that I’m shocked.

For all of you GnR fans, just buy Slash’s It’s Five O’Clock Somewhere, and you’ll see who the REAL genius in that band was.

Since Axl is now the legal owner of the name Guns N’ Roses, what you wish for will never happen.

How sad.

Flymaster…I beg to differ. Buy Izzy Stradlin albums and you’ll see who the genius was. Ever wonder why GnR never released another original song AFTER Izzy left? Once he flew the coop, they released “The Spaghetti Incident” (all covers) and then the last thing that I recall they released was a cover of the Stones’ “Sympathy for the Devil” for the Cruise/Pitt Vampire movie. They had NOTHING to offer once Izzy left. The way I see it, Izzy was the creative force in that band. Slash was/is a GREAT lead guitar player…but Izzy was the man with the riffs.

Are you being serious (I never know if someone is being serious or not)? Because if you are, I’ll pick it up tomorrow. He always was my favorite. I remember watching GNR perform on MTV music (?) awards earlier this year and being mortified when Slash wasn’t there. I always thought he was the real talent in that band and it just isn’t GNR without him.

Yes, I’m being absolutely serious.

And Cholo, I’ve got Izzy Stradlin and the Ju Ju Hounds, and frankly, I’m unimpressed. Yes, it’s better than 90% of music out there, and even 90% of the music in the genre. But 5 O’clock Somewhere absolutely blows it out of the water.

My disappointing thread was posted here:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149151

I was absolutely heartbroken that this was cancelled. I bought tickets for the show at the MCI Center in D.C. months in advance and it didn’t happen. Since 1987 I wanted to see Axl live and now I doubt if I’ll ever get my chance. That mop.