Guys: Can you go #2 in a public restroom with other guys in there?

My girlfriend thinks I’m crazy because if I ever have to evacuate my bowels in public, I must find a restroom with no one else in it. The reasoning behind this is that I don’t like other guys hearing me take a dump, probably because I’m immature enough myself to snicker whenever I hear another guy taking a dump (particularly if they’re ripping giant farts while doing so). Hell, I laugh when I do it and make a lot of noise in the process. Poop is just funny. If I’m in an empty restroom going about my business and someone else comes in, I’ll usually pause until they’ve left again. I also won’t enter a stall if people are in the bathroom; sometimes I’ll pretend to use a urinal until they’re gone and then sneak into a stall.

Now, the reason I’m asking guys is because I’ve determined it’s totally different for women. Women always use the stall regardless of going #1 or #2, but when a guy goes into a stall you can pretty much guarantee they’re going to drop off some friends at the pool.

So who are my fellow men that tend to refrain from going #2 in a crowded public restroom? I know for a fact I’m not the only one (but perhaps I’m a little crazier than typical).

Yes, I can without problems or hesitation.

Perfect privacy would be nicer, but if I’m going to go, I’m going to go.

Guilt/shame related to normal bodily functions is rather dysfunctional, in general.

If i’m in a public restroom about to do number 2 its because in the next few minutes i wouldn’t have a choice on whether i went or not.

Bathrooms are there to shit, piss, and fart in, and do all three without any consideration of who else is in them.

True, but say you were washing your hands while this was going on in the adjacent stall. You wouldn’t feel compelled to laugh to yourself? Maybe it’s just a combination of my immaturity of bathroom activities in addition to a bit of shyness.

This is a much nicer way of saying what I first thought, which was “Grow up already.”

Yes, although I sometimes have a shy bladder, usually I have no problems. And any other business that I have, I have no problems doing if others are there.

As someone else said, more privacy would be nice, but I don’t require it.

However: To all of you who are so comfortable in there that you feel the need to chat - just stop it. It is not a social event, even if it is a natural one.

When ya gotta go, ya gotta go; and if you don’t go when you go to go, you find out you’ve already gone.

But no chatting.

I would prefer privacy, but it’s not going to stop me. I will choose a stall as far away from other occupied stalls as possible, but if that’s not an option either, too bad.

As long as there’s a stall with a door on it I don’t care who or how many other people are in the restroom. I hate coming across the odd men’s room with no doors on the stalls. :eek:

No problem. I’ve done more personal things than shit with other men.:stuck_out_tongue:

Yep. I don’t go in there unless I absolutely have to. So it’s never a problem.

Same here, except I have about a 5 second hesitation while I block out outside factors.

It has stopped bothering me.

I came to the realisation that nobody should ever have to apologise for any noises or smells that their bowels may make in a place that is explicitly designed and set aside for bowels to do their thing.

Never bothered me.

No problems.

A fun little story - years ago I was on a spring break trip down to Texas. We had to hit a rest stop and I needed to poop.

Rest stops in Texas - at least this one - did not have stalls. Just a row of toilets with a tiny little divider between them, like that little wall you sometimes have between urinals.

Needless to say there were plenty of guys in there. None of them crapping. I really had to go so I went.

I’m not sure who was more uncomfortable, me or everyone else in there. They sure finished their trips to the urinal mighty fast though.

So not only do I not have a problem defecating in a public restroom, I can do it right in the open in front of a bunch of strangers. Necessity triumphs social nicety.

My brother and my guy friends have always had this “problem.” I’ve had to leave places on numerous occasions because someone has to take a dump. At home.

Now, I sort of get the impression that guys are wont to eat more weirdly than women when they’re out and it seems to me that they get upset stomachs/have to shit more than women. I’ve always been a “once a day” kinda gal, while dudes seem to have to go all the time.

My best friend is getting better about it as he gets older, as I am constantly ribbing him about the time we had to find an all-night place for him to stop for a gut-wrenching shit, because he refused to go at the baseball stadium.

Never bothered me, but then I’m usually a quiet dumper. Quite unlike some people at work, who, when they are in the next stall, sound like they haven’t taken a crap in a fortnight. It doesn’t seem to bother them either.

Sure it’s funny but you’d have to go with the flow if you were in that situation. The correct response to such a predicament is to yell, “aww YAH, THAT’S THE TICKET”… followed by a courtesy flush and: " OH DEAR GOD, call the janitor, it’s backing up".

For me, it’s not a matter of embarrassment - it’s a matter of how many noxious odors I think I’ll smell (sometimes my own is bad enough, but with other people’s added…). If it’s minimal, I’ll do it. If not, I’ll ponder my options.