Guys, would you get circumsized in order to have sex?

No. Though it’s a moot point as I’m already done.

Absolutely not. I would not be compatible with someone that had such views.

+1

Well, Judaism (and I think Islam) mandate circumcision as babies, so a Jewish or Muslim woman might well have that as a show-stopper.

I would hope / assume that such a woman would make this a demand for situations where marriage was considered a distinct possibility, of course an observant Jew / Muslim wouldn’t be fooling around with a lot of different men before marriage anyway, and would only get that serious with a man who either was of the same faith, or willing to convert.

Not being in possession of a penis (except second hand and on demand :D), I don’t know what I’d do in this situation.

to be fair, there are health issues involved, here guys.

intact foreskins ***can *** - but not always - lead to topical infections in the man and in my particular case, a former SO gave me repeated vaginal and urinary tract infections because of it.

it isn’t why we eventually parted ways, but as any woman will tell you straight up, those kind of infections not only kill the sex drive, it will chase it into the next dimension for a while. :eek:

Hey, I’m old and set in my ways. And it’s a cultural thing. I grew up in the midwest- I didn’t know there were actually uncirc’d white men until I was in my twenties. And there are some things that certain people just can’t/don’t find attractive. Sure, I’ve only had a few partners, but…there are also certain body types or personalities I’m not attracted to. I can’t help that.

No way, I already read about this trick in the Bible. You get cut, and while you are sore, her brother and all his friends kill you, steal your stuff, sell your family into slavery and take over your city.

I’ll pass.

Yes, but that’s for Jewish men. The prohibition is against sleeping with (akin to marrying) a man who is not Jewish. Not the penis itself. So in Judaism, the mitzvah/responsibility would be on the guy.

Good point about the conversion. The old BF and I did put marriage out there - and he said he’d convert and get circ’d (a requirement of sorts, more on that here) if we did. You don’t actually have to get circumcised in Judaism, but for whatever reason, he said he would. Looking back, I think he was already wishing he didn’t have a foreskin at that point. :wink:

I don’t know how Islamic law views these things.

Since I’m already being open in this thread, I’m gonna go ahead and throw it out there: if a guy had a foreskin issue and refused to get it fixed (like my ex), I can’t see that relationship lasting.

I do. I think penises look awesome. But I agree that uncut ones look kinda weird.

Nope; I’d think she was crazy to insist I modify my body to suit her.

But then I don’t live in America where it’s the norm. Not that I’d be in the position to know the state of their genitalia, but I doubt that I know a single person who’s had that particular operation done.

To a certain extent strict adherence to Judaism and Islam require this. For devout members of those faiths sex is only suppose to occur between married partners and in order to be an acceptable partner to a devoutly religious woman, one would have convert and conversion involves circumcism. Also the few successful marriages I have ever seen involving a Roma woman and a non-Roma man, the male partner has always been circumcized (if he was not previously) at his wife’s insistence.

…Yes? Not that I’d want a woman surgically modifying hers, but I like them just fine.

I am circumcized myself, but had I a foreskin, I would not be inclined to have it removed under this sort of duress.

Data point: I got out of a relationship about eight months ago with a woman about 16 years younger than me. Granted, she’s only had a few partners before we got together, but mine was the first circumcised member she’d been acquainted with. Given these market conditions, I doubt that uncirced men face very much of this sort of discrimination.

I mean, I’m not saying I dislike genitals. It’s just…they’re so clinical looking. Labiaplasty or circumcision for the sake of looks just seems bizarre. It’s like wanting a good looking liver or a sexy spleen.

Halloween costume!

Then again, I might consider it if *she’s *willing to surgically alter her body on demand.

Nope, wait I wouldn’t. Nobody should ever surgically alter their body to please somebody else.

No way. You cut guys may not miss it, but I would. It’s a really sensitive part of me - in a good way. It would be a dealbreaker I think.

I probably couldn’t deal with her absolute “requirement” to get rid of the foreskin. Not because of the surgery (I’ve had a vasectomy) but because she was requiring me modify my body to suit her tastes. Maybe after her breast enlargement and butt lift I might think about it … if she wears those shoes I like.

I think it depends whether there’s a good reason for why the onus is on you to be circumcised, not her to come to terms with it. If not, whether or not they’d object to the procedure itself, lots of people will object to being asked to jump through arbitrary hoops, and say something like “I don’t care what the issue is, if you only love me if I have unnescessary and painful cosmetic surgery, then you don’t love me.”

Presumably the point of the question is, if she DOES have a good reason (or an unavoidable reason[1]), THEN what would you do. And I’m not sure.

[1] Eg. she has a phobia she’s tried to get over and can’t. She’s of a religion you’re happy to convery to/become more serious about, but to do so you need to be circumcised. It’s suddenly discovered that there really ARE inevitable and unarguable medical benefits. Etc.

Well I won’t sleep with you til you grow it back.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Circumsized ones just look weird to me, not that I’ve ever encountered one in the flesh. I had an ex who talked me out of breast reduction surgery once, but I’d never stick with someone who would like me if only I chopped bits of myself off.