Happy Birthday, Owen!

Well, hallelujah! It’s my 1000th post! I thought I’d do something clever for this post, but nothing came to mind. Instead, I’d like to dedicate my 1000th post to my son, who turns 2 today.

Owen is a beautiful boy, a blond-haired, blue-eyed doll. He’s bright, happy, and VERY inquisitive. He is expert in demolition. He can tear into something and scatter it everywhere before I can run across the room to stop him. He’s an excellent climber, too. I will always treasure the squeals of delight and magical smile he shows when he plays with his daddy. Man, I live for that smile!

Anyway, I’m not prone to lengthy posts, so I guess that’s all there is to it.

Happy Birthday, Owen!

Congrats and happy B’day to your son!

And Happy New Years!

Take care-
-Tcat

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=231482

Cajun Man ~ SDMB Moderator

On second thought, I’m going to change the title and reopen this as a birthday thread.

Happy Birthday, Owen!

Cajun Man ~ SDMB Moderator

Oops! Sorry! I saw the sticky title regarding “game threads” and took that to mean threads about games, gaming, etc. It never crossed my mind to look at it because I don’t play games.

Anyhow, upon reading that sticky, I must say that, despite my booboo, I do support the idea of reducing bandwidth by cutting out this sort of nonsense.

So, how about deleting some of those big honking threads (that surreal story one comes to mind) that are essentially some kind of writer’s project. That would make me feel better about giving up posting something like this bandwidth-eating monstrosity, all 5 posts of it.