Happy (Lesser)Holidays - A Festive MMP

Evening all. Spent the greater part of the day in Ketchican, Alaska, whose major business is separating ship travelers from their money. Walked around and visited one museum, then took a 3-hour tour on a “Crab Boat” (like those seen on "The Deadliest Catch), where we caught fish, prawns, octopi, and yes, crabs–many of them had been ‘seeded’ (except for the fish lines), but the ships personnel told us this beforehand so we knew…after all, a tour with empty nets/crates wouldn’t be any fun. Got to hold several varieties of crabs and watched about 2 dozen eagles fly near the ship for the fish bits we were throwing in the water. Along with personal adventures told by several of the crew (all were long-time fishermen), it was a very good trip. It also helped that it reached 58F with plenty of sunshine.

Currently sailing to Juneau tomorrow, relaxing before the 8:30pm dinner seating (which would be 11:30-12:30 for those of you east of the Mississippi).

Happy Mom day to all Moms.

Jane the Cane, Husband-unit is really going to regret all that work tomorrow. Have plenty of Ben-Gay and “I told you so’s” ready.

FCM, may your safe travels continue.

Cupcakes, hope you continue to feel better. And a sad end to a tradition with the Godzilla Festival; maybe someone will come along and revive it.

Wheelie, I’m 6’2" also, not quite as courteous as you but I do try not to come up directly behind someone and make enough noise that they know I am there.

Cookie, it’s always the same dance on house-buying; hope that’s the only glitch.

BBBoo, sounds like a good Iowa vacation plan; hoping it comes to fruition.

nellie, those are pretty good kids you raised.

OK, time for the pre-dinner drink and gab-fest followed by dining. All y’all take care.