Has anyone else noticed this secret of "The Perfect Storm?"

Not sure what you want to make of it, but there was most certainly a naked woman in short-shorts on my middle school’s Coke machine, hidden in an ice cube. My best friend saw it and asked me “Do you see anything in these ice cubes?” No clues. I immediately noticed the buxom lady. We talked to roughly 300 seventh graders, none of whom were prodded into seeing a naked lady (ie “Do you notice anything?”) and they all saw the same thing. Make of it what you will - the ice cube was even a darker blue where her booty shorts were. And you could totally see her nipples.

Somewhere in my brain, a complicated algorythm struggles to emerge. Instead, I clearly picture the nekkid lady on my seventh grade soda machine. Life is weird.

1. Isn’t there a website somewhere with pictures like this that I can spend hours on? Huh? Huh?

2. As regards the movie… the problem with true stories is everybody dies (name me one person who doesn’t). I didn’t know I was going to see a true story, I thought I was going to see Twister II: The Sea’s Cool As Well! I felt dumb. It was cool but caught me off-balance and floored me. So rather than get deeply touched, of course, I declared it crap and gargled my Sprite. I am a guy, okay?

3. There is something really nice about the idea of imagining a man’s death, when it was unknown. I’m serious. It has the workings of a noble epitaph. I hope the families saw it that way. I heard one didn’t, but that’s another story.

If no one came back on the boat, how do you imagine it’s a true story since no one was there to write what really happened ?

It’s a made-up story with real people.

[sup]And after 45 posts in 18 hours, there’s post #2000, on my birthday. racinchikki will be starting a party thread in MPSIMS shortly.[/sup]

Well I don’t think you’re crazy MSK, because I can see them too. And I distinctly remember seeing them a while back when the picture was released also. It creaped me out then, and creaps me out now.

I think the problem here is the picture that is linked to above. Because in that image, I don’t see anything like I remember seeing.

So, I took the liberty of finding some other pictures that I think show faces in the waves:

-From the Warner Bros. Page. Towards the right of the bow are some faces.

In this image, in the bottom right, there seems to be a lady screaming- imbedded in the wave.

Here’s another one, off to the right.

And, finally, some figures hanging out on the left side of the bow, upper wave, here.

I don’t know about you all, but I think their there.

Yikes! Sorry about that. I should have cleaned it up a bit before I hit submit.

I think this image shows the faces in the waves best. Towards the lower right, in and amongst the waves, there appear to be a number of people screaming.

• Maybe that’ll read better.

FWIW, Snopes disagrees, and they say they spoke with the artist himself.

The true bit: ship sails out. Doesn’t come back.

There y’go. That was kinda the plot of the film, too…

Further hijack:

The book wasn’t so much about the fishermen and the boat, it was about The Storm. It isn’t a true story, but it was based on a true story. The author, Sebastian Junger, pieced together what possibly happened by interviewing people who had been on boats in trouble in similar storms. Nobody knows for sure what happened to the crew of the Andrea Gail, and it will probably never be known what really happened. The high 100’ waves were documented in the North Atlantic during that storm, so there is a high probability the boat was overcome by such a wave.

Maybe I’m just easily influenced but I see them too. I always thought the wave looked menacing, maybe this is why. I also see a face in the clouds, just below and to the right of George Clooney’s name. To me it looks like a bird face with large bulging eyes and a beakish mouth.

Or maybe I’ve got way too much time on my hands.:slight_smile: