Has your NFL team's season gone down in flames, too?

The Falcons started the season hot; we were 5-2. Then we lost four consecutive games: Lions, Browns, Ravens, Saints. Suddenly we were 5-6.

Today we beat the Redskins to go to 6-6, but still; this is not how I was hoping things would be in week 13.

After 35 years rooting for the Falcons, I should be used to this by now. But every year I fall for the tease, like Charlie Brown trying to kick that stupid football. “This year will be different,” I tell myself, despite all evidence to the contrary.

I keep waiting for it to happen, and it looked like we were on our way down the crapper with the AFC North skid, but we’ve rebounded nicely in dominating two potential wildcard teams. If we beat Dallas next week momentum could very well get us a first round bye. Brees for MVP, Colston for OROY, Payton for Coach of the Year.

I’m quite happy with the Ravens season so far, thankyouverymuch.

“Going down in flames” implies high initial expectations. It was fun while it lasted, now we get to scout defensive college players, yay!

My top 2 teams are Dallas then San Diego. This may be a great year.

As a Chargers fan since the Air Coryell days, it’s nice to finally feel good about my team (the Super Bowl appearance felt more flukey than skillful; at the risk of putting the whammy on 'em, I like this year’s team better than that one).

The Packer’s road record is better than thier home record (not that thier road record is so hot either)
I rememeber the days when even when they were bad they were OK at home.

Brian

Speaking as a recovering former Browns’ fan, I advise you to seek a qualified mental health professional, like I do. :smiley:

The entire NFC North.

The Lions. Enough said.
The Packers. Season is over. The young team with the veteran quarterback combination just ain’t cutting it.
The Vikings. Season is over. Do they even have a quarterback for next week?
The Bears. Sure they have a great record. But if they think they are going to make a superbowl run on defense alone with a Rex Grossman offense at the helm they’re just kidding themselves.
Sorry NFC North. No conteders here.

Well, I really can’t complain about the Pats season, but…I can. I mean, The Jets? They lost to the fucking Jets? Come on!

Spoiled brat mumbles something about having a 5 year window of no-bitching after winning a Super Bowl

This year has been a repeat of the 2000 season for the Redskins. They made the playoffs last year, signed a whole bunch of free agents to fill holes (at least they weren’t all over the hill the way they were last time), and were supposed to at least go to the NFC championship. Now there’s talk in DC of how Gibbs needs to be fired.

If Snyder fires Joe Gibbs, no self-respecting coach will ever work for him again.

Me too! Are we related or something? :wink:

(The reason I like SD is because in their very first season, my mom was one of the cheerleaders! So how can I not root for them? :slight_smile: )

In the 49ers game yesterday, what were the announcers saying about the relationships between Sean Payton and Parcells and Payton and Romo? We were entertaining and I couldn’t catch if things were good or if they’d deteriorated since Sean had left.

Dallas fan, so things are pretty satisfying right now playoff wise.

I do though live in Houston and while the playoffs would have been a stretch this year, a few less ass kickings might have been nice. Thanks goodness for Jacksonville. :slight_smile:

Sean Payton left Parcells’s staff to coach the Saints, but remains on friendly, speaking terms (unlike others in the same situation). Payton also tried to get Romo to the Saints (much like Holmgren and Hasselback in Seattle) before ending up with Drew Brees.

seconded (esp. the Jets part) - but a lot of our wins have been, let’s just say, UGLY

I was born in TX and grew up in SoCal.

I’m with Ashtar… The Redskins have once again broken my football soul. every year, so much promise… New Players! New Coach! Same freakin results. We have been to the playoffs twice since 1991!! Twice! Arrgggg!

Yeah but that was a fun 15 minutes. Well, at least we’re not the Raiders.

It’s hard to be a Bills fan
I grew up with the 1970-1980s Bills.

The only source of pride we had was the amazing player OJ Simpson!!! Oh, how proud we were of him. We may have lost most of our games, but we had The Juice.

Well, we all know how well that ended up.
Then in the middle of the '80s we had Jim Kelly and went to the Superbowl, mulitple times- in a row- a new league record!!! What pride, what joy!!

We never won.

Sucks to be a Bills fan.

And yet, a Bills fan I remain.