So for the last couple of months, I’ve been planning a train trip with my best friend over Christmas break. He has to go back to university and I have relatives in the same province, so it all would have worked out beautifully. So a few minutes ago, I ask him which train station he wishes to depart from.
He proceeds to tell me that his mother has already booked his plane tickets home and back because he hadn’t talked to me in a while and his mom would have gotten “pissed” if he’d asked her to wait until he checked with me. He didn’t bother to mention to her that he had already told me he would travel with me. He didn’t send me an email or call me to tell me that I could book the ticket I’ve been waiting 3 weeks to book because he didn’t know his exam schedule. He didn’t bother to mention this to me at the start of the conversation, because clearly he can’t be bothered with letting his friends back home know what plans he’s ruined because he’s such a selfish fucking idiot.
He offers a “sorry” and tells me that he’s so stressed and to please not lecture him on how irresponsible he is. Fuck you, asshat. I don’t give a shit. You’re stressed? You have four classes a week and you’re majoring in theatre. I haven’t heard your goddamn voice since August. This trip was the highlight of my vacation, and you didn’t even think of me when you blithely let your fucking mother reserve your goddamn plane ticket. And in case anyone was wondering, the plane ticket cannot be cancelled because his mother would be just too “pissed” at him.
Here’s to you, fucker. I hope you have a fabulous flight. I will still take my trip and I will enjoy the ride. Make some more plans with me, I dare you. You’ll find that I “forget” to tell you when I go with someone who actually cares how I feel.