Have you ever dreamed of the SD or SDMB? (or Slug? We all get that one.)

[Yes, I just posted it at About This Message Board, but it belongs here so I can hear more TRUE (honest!) stories.]

Last Friday night, I had my first ever SDMB dream - two of them actually.

During the first dream, I was at one of my best friend’s weddings (she’s getting hitched on the 28th). SingleDad was my date for this. I dreamt that during the reception, he proposed to me. I accepted enthusiastically and announced it to everyone.

(Of course now that I’ve typed this, SingleDad will probably run screaming from MPSIMS, never to talk to me again.)

My second dream was that I was reading a thread in MPSIMS where Coldfire completely reamed out Asmodean. I remember being incredibly amused by what Coldfire had to say.

Yep. However, as it is related to the thread that asks “What doper do you have a crush on” again, I ain’t sayin’.

I dream of nothing but.

It’s the Slug dreams, though, where I wake up with a woody.

I have had similar dreams where I am trying to post to the message board, but for some reason the posts are not showing up or I have suddenly forgotten how to spell basic English words. I have also had several rather vivid sexual fantasies about a fellow Doper who shall remain nameless.

(blushing) I feel so dirty

I have had a few SDMB dreams, although not for a long time. The only one I remember was very odd (how unusual for a dream!). I was at a carnival, and opened a door into building. Inside it was all dark, and a bunch of Dopers were hiding in there. This was back when the SDMB was on AOL, and most of the people in the dream don’t post here.

I’ve also had a couple dreams about day-to-day life in which I posted to the MB.

I’ve never actually had a dream, but several times I’ve awakened with a phrase in my head and I’d say “Wow, that’d make a great thread title!”

I’ve had a few. The first one involved me getting molested by Satan. Now, I’ve had a few weird dreams in my time, but this one just about takes the cake. I was driving around with some friends, when somebody said, “Let’s all go over to Satan’s place!” So we went to Satan’s place. I don’t remember too much about what happened when we got there, but I do distinctly remember him feeling me up at one point. Then we went over to somebody else’s house, and watched him set off atomic bombs in his living room. I ascribe absolutely no psychological significance to this dream whatsoever. You can, if you want, but I don’t want to hear about it. I do not, as far as I know, have any sort of sexual desire for, or latent hostility toward, our resident Lord of Darkness that could explain this dream. Believe me, I’m just as mystified as you.

Nope, never had a dream about this place. That would scare me.

You know, Frued says that in your dreams you’re everyone (useful info from Analyze This…)…what does that say about you guys, who dream about computers?

Oh lord, you mean every time I have a sexual fantasy about (ahem), I’m really yearning to do the nasty with myself? :: shudder ::

QUOTE]what does that say about you guys, who dream about computers?
[/QUOTE]

It says that maybe that guy needs to leave his house every once in a while. Sure, it’s great that you have found a very convenient party store that will deliver beer, pizza and beer nuts to your house…oh wait, that’s me.

Nevermind.

Okay, we are going to try that one more time.

Oh lord, you mean every time I have a sexual fantasy about (ahem), I’m really yearning to do the nasty with myself? :: shudder ::

It says that maybe that guy needs to leave his house every once in a while. Sure, it’s great that you have found a very convenient party store that will deliver beer, pizza and beer nuts to your house…oh wait, that’s me.

Nevermind.
[/QUOTE]

No, but I have sometimes gotten words or phrases from the board stuck in my head, does that sort of count? Yesterday while walking to the library, and at other odd moments in the day, I found myself thinking repeatedly, “Swiddles, Swiddles, Swiddles…”, almost like mental humming. There’s no meaning attached to it, just the sound of the word, I guess. If Swimming Riddles reads this, be assured that I am not the stalking type (although I do like your name, and enjoy your charming variants). Besides, it will probably be replaced in my brain with a new catchy phrase from today’s board.

::Swiddles pulls out her notebook::

“Root myself in someone’s subconcious, thereby driving them slowly, but surely, insane. CHECK.”

DONE! (As if I needed any more fuel for the insanity.)

LOL :smiley:

I occasionally have dreams that include elements from SDMB, particularly if it’s the last thing I’ve done before I went to bed. As for fantasies, my waking thoughts are sufficiently libidinous to make dreaming about dopettes superfluous.

The last I remember, I was at ATMB, asking “aha” if his name had changed. He answered in TubaDiva’s voice, then a* blue* line appeared and WHEN i WENT TO INSPECT IT, i WAS SENT here, TO bIZARRO wORLD!

oH. iT WAS JUST AN UN-CLEARED cAPS lOCK KEY.

I don’t know if this counts, but I guess so. I dreamed I was in a public restroom and there was graffiti all over the walls, and one word stuck out from all the rest:

Mullinator.

I have no idea why. Last time I mentioned this, people got scared.

I’ve had a few, and I always think, wow, I should post about this, then as I try to find words to describe the dream, it sort of crumbles into a pile of complete nonsense.

The most common factor, though, is that I’m posting to the board. And I think there have been a couple where I’ve met or was going to meet people in person… the one that stands out most, because it happened when I was a Very New Newbie, had something to do with Lexicon. I think it’s because I really like that name. I have no sordid details to share, though :wink:

I know this kind of wild talk will give me nightmares!