Have you ever missed the entire run of a sitcom?

I hadn’t seen a complete episode of Cheers until about a month ago. I’ve never seen Buffy or West Wing. I only started watching Seinfeld once it hit Fox. New TV shows barely last so I find myself less inclined to watch them until they hit the syndication circuit - and even then the quality is usually so terrible, I’d rather not.

I missed the entire run of Cop Rock.

Colin

Shows I’ve never seen:

The West Wing
Star Trek or any of it’s spin-offs
Law and Order or any of it’s spin-offs
I can’t remember watching anything on WB or UPN other than some news
Friends, I was shocked when I found out tonight it’s still on. I thought it was canceled years ago.
Cheers
MASH
Everybody Loves Raymond or come to think of it any sitcom on CBS
Missed all of ABC’s TGIF and NBC’s Must See TV

It’s easier to list the shows I have seen. I suck at triva games. Don’t know anything about movies either.

I never saw a single episode of Cheers , in first run or reruns.

And I watch a lot of TV.

Survivor, Will and Grace, Friends, Everybody Loves Raymond, Law and Order: SVU, Farscape, The Practice, the list goes on and on of TV shows that I have never, ever watched a single episode of and that I never, ever plan on doing so.

Full House, Sex and the City, Oz, Angel, Cop Rock, Ally McBeal, West Wing, ST: Voyager/Enterprise, the list goes on and on.

“Oh, the network slogan is true! Watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!”

Ahhh, The Simpsons. Is there any situation they don’t have a quote for?

Ditto … ditto … ditto … ditto (although the eye candy is great on Charmed and to a lesser extent, Buffy; same goes for Dawson’s Creek) … none of these shows really appealed to me; I don’t really watch all that much TV anyway.

Seinfeld, however, I almost never missed an episode of - once I discovered it in its original run, that is. Quality stuff.

-Dirty

I’m getting a whiff of snob-up-manship…“well, I only watch PBS and Discovery and documentaries about the plight of Bolivian refugee cotton pickers…”

I may be wrong, but I think the OP was refering to people who actually watch SOME sitcoms without having to apologize.

I never saw Home Improvement or anything with the Olsen twins.

And Gilmore Girls, Buffy, and Star Trek are not sitcoms.

There’s plenty of Fox and UPN sitcoms I’ve never seen. Titus, Bernie Mac, Living Single, Moesha, Smart Guy, etc.

Another Seinfeld-misser. And every other sitcom since ‘92. Oddly enough also the same year I graduated from high school and moved out of my parents’ house. Funny, that.

I actually think Seinfeld is funny (from what I hear second hand). I only refuse (or forget) to catch it because I’m so damn sick of people telling me how great it is.

Certainly not from me. I love Seinfeld and MASH* reruns, and make a point to watch Friends, 24, ER, CSI and Six Feet Under.

I love shows on Discovery and TLC and The History Channel, and I’m loving the PBS documentary Frontier House, but I watch plenty of crappy TV, too. Just not The Simpsons or Star Trek. :wink:

Believe it or not, there are actually people in this world that don’t like the edgy humor stylings of The Simpsons. Even disaffected college students, which is basically their core demographic. When I make comments like yojimboguy’s, I get retorts like, “I don’t want to watch a TV show to get insulted.” Many of those people do tend to be dour and humorless, come to think of it.

Answering the OP, I completely managed to miss Aaron Sorkin’s foray into sit-commery, SportsNight. I did catch the reruns when Comedy Central re-showed them, but that was at least a year ago. Truly great TV there.

I’ve never watched any of these shows either, at least not a complete episode; I’ve seen bits and pieces of Friends when visiting relatives and found it to be banal and worthless. Five minutes was enough. And you couldn’t pay me to watch Survivor.

While that’s true, the OP doesn’t even use “sitcom” in the post only their title does(and they mention Boston Public themselves, there. That’s a drama.) If Kent4mmy doesn’t mind that we’ve veered out of genre, I guess it’s ok.

argh. Ok, scratch Boston Public, but the rest stands :slight_smile:

Not only had I never seen an episode of Wings, in original runnings or syndication, until 2 years ago I had never even heard of it. It came up one day in conversation, and I hadn’t a clue what the lady was talking about. She showed it to me one day when we were flipping, I think it was being syndicated on USA or something channel that.

I watched a lot of TV as a kid. Morning, noon & night. Then about ten years or so ago I kinda realized that network TV is, well, total crap. I mostly watch Discovery, TLC, PBS, and Cartoon Network!

In fact, the only sitcoms I ever watched regularly are all animated: The Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama, South Park and Daria. And I think that most all of CN’s Adult Swim is the funniest thing on TV!

To my great shame, I, too, was one of the heathens that completely missed Sports Night during its original run. Now, I work at night, and so only on my nights off can I catch the reruns on Comedy Central. I just wish they were still making new episodes, 'cause I want the series to continue forever…

I never saw ** Buffy the Vampire Slayer ** until FX started showing reruns this year, at which time I sat and watched the first five years of episodes, 100 in all, in order, in just a few months. Then I recorded all 100 episodes plust this year’s. Now I’m showing them all to a friend.

I think it’s safe to say I really love Buffy. Thank heaven for syndication.

I have never watched any of the following programs:

Survivor(I, II, III or IV, if there is a IV)
Any of those other pseudo-Survivor shows
Buffy the Vampire Slayer (puh-leeze)
Ally McBeal
Boston Public
The Practice
Star Trek: Enterprise
Any Law and Order spinoff
Any cable-only show except the Sopranos
Gilmore Girls, Once and Again, Providence, Felicity, or any similarly insipid program with soft lighting and sensitive-but-dumb characters
More sitcoms than I could possibly count

The funny thing is that I LIKE junky TV. I liked Friends, the Simpsons, The Family Guy, Frasier, etc. I like Judge Judy. I watch network sports. I watch TV, I just always watch specific things.