Have you ever missed the entire run of a sitcom?

After watching Boston Public last night, I found out that there would be only four more Ally McBeil (sp?) episodes. I somehow managed to not see any of them…not because I dislike the show, but because…well, I don’t really know.

This has happened to me several times in the past as well. For example, I love Seinfeld but I never once watched the show during its, what, 11year run? Now I make it a point to catch the show on Fox (7:30pn & 11:00pm). Where the hell was I for 11 years and why did I not know about a show as good as Seinfeld?!?

Another one would be MAS*H. Not once did I see an episode during its run…only in syndication.

These shows had good long lives but I managed to unknowingly avoid them. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Hmmm, I thought I was the only guy on the planet who hadn’t seen a single episode of “Seinfeld.”

For what it’s worth, I’ve never seen “Ally McBeal” or “Friends” either – too busy watching the Discovery Channel I guess…

But I KNOW I’m the only red-blooded American male who’s never seen a single episode of Survivor! I feel like such a freak, but that whole premise (reality TV) just sounded stupid to me.

WRONG!!

i’ve never seen any of these listed, and that is something i brag about!

me? i watch PBS, Speed Channel and Comedy Central. :cool:

Hah! I’ve never seen a minute of Survivor, I’m male and American, and my blood is red. In fact I was recently visiting a friend and Survivor started to come on so I quickly paid my goodbyes. Until recently I thought that Survivor was that band that played Eye of the Tiger.

I’ve also never seen Ally McBeal. Gotta plead guilty on the Friends front, but I haven’t seen it in many years now and have no damned idea what’s going on, so it’s easy not to watch it.

I, too, missed original-run Seinfeld. Shame… I love the show, and have seen quite a few of them as reruns.

Never seen a complete episode of friends, but several partials. The partials have made me not see any more!

Ally, now, there were some fun Allys, but I don’t think the show should have ran as long as it did.

Most, if not all, sitcoms on CBS/NBC/ABC affiliates.

I haven’t seen a sitcom since the mid-'70s.

I have no idea why they let me moderate this forum.

Prepare to be shocked:

I’ve never seen Ally McBeal or The Simpsons.

I’ve never seen The Practice or Law & Order.

I’ve never seen Star Trek or any of its spin-offs or movies.

I’ve never seen Buffy or Charmed.

I’ve never seen Dawsons Creek or Gilmore Girls or Melrose Place or 90210.

I’ve seen Who’s Line Is It Anyway? maybe twice.

No TV for me.

not the last few years, anyway. and only sparatic (sp?) network tv before that. so I haven’t seen a single one of most shows on today.
I do have all of the Seinfeld’s recorded, though. :wink:

I haven’t seen even thirty seconds of The Cosby Show.

I never saw an episode of AKA Pablo.

Don’t cry for me.

None of those shocked me expect for The Simpsons, BiblioCat!

How can you have never watched The Simpsons?! Tune your TV to Fox ASAP!

I never, EVER imagined I would see myself echoing this phrase.

But for The Simpsons, you must.

It’s kind of like if Hitler owned Krispy Kreme.

Thanks, but I’ll pass. I’ve seen enough of the "Tonight on ‘The Simpson’s…’ " bits to know it’s not worth my time.
I’d rather watch a MASH* or Seinfeld rerun.

Where the hell did you come up with that one?
And for the record…I have not watched ABC for the past 5 years

and on NBC Law and Order
CBS: CSI

Never saw Melrose place. Tried it, but didn’t make it past the first 10 minutes.

Never saw a single episode of The Nanny, never saw an episode of Full House (phew! I’m allergic to Bob Saget!)

Never saw a single episode of Twin Peaks (I think it had something to do with a scheduling conflict)

Never saw Family Matters and… I just looked at a list of sitcoms from the 90s – what the heck was Hangin’ With Mr. Cooper?

I have yet to watch more than 30 seconds of Everybody Loves Raymond. Don’t get me wrong, I like Raymond, but just as a friend. :smiley:

I’ll save my Fox viewership for 24, thanks. :wink: I’ve seen every episode of that one.

What, on this board, I admit to never having watched Star Trek or any of its spin-offs and you’re not shocked? I was a little scared to admit to that one.

LOL, I don’t even know what that’s supposed to mean!

Of the aforementioned, I’ve never seen Twin Peaks (oh, but I wanted to. Damn bed time) 24, Law and Order, The Pratice, Gillmore Girls or Survior.

I’ve also never seen: third watch, Alias, any reality show (expect one ep of Murder in a Small Town X), 6 feet under, Ed, LA Law, 30something, Providence, Freeks and Geeks, Smallville, Farscape, or the West Wing. Add about 80% of the so-called comedies made in the last 5 years to that.

And though I’ve seen every episode of Star Trek:TNG, I’ve never seen an entire episode of any of the other series, including the original.

I have never seen an episode of Seinfeld, Ally McBeal, or Friends.

There are others I am sure, but these are the ones I freak people out with.