Have you ever owned "Thriller"?

Never owned it in any form, although I thought the John Landis-directed, Vincent Price-narrated video was cool.
Does anyone remember that back in 1991 there was a Harvard Lampoon parody at the end of their TV special, MTV – Give me Back my Life, in which Michael Jackson undergoes a transformation under a full moon and ends up – with his Old Nose.

Only this one

No. I had long since stopped buying CDs at the time and Jackson didn’t impress me that much.

It came out in 1982 and you had already long since stopped buying CDs? You were hipster before that was cool.

My family had the record, but it was more for my sister than for me. Several years later, some bitch borrowed it and never gave it back. A couple years ago I bought a used* Thriller* CD at a thrift sale.

Yes, and it was the first tape I ever owned, to go with my brand new Sony Walkman that looked very much like this.

No.

Never liked “family bands” like the Jackson Five or the Osmonds. As Michael aged I liked him even less.

Yes, but I dont remember if it was on tape or the record. I’m pretty sure my brother had a copy, too.

I’ve never owned it but my sister did. I wasn’t that charmed by “Thriller”, the track, nor did I think -at the time- that MJ was anything more than Pop fluff. Though as time has aged me, I’ve come to think Mike and his friends showed some great talent on that album.

I’ve (ala carte) bought “Billie Jean” -which is a great track- and there’s some other gems on that album. Heck, now that you’ve re-introduced me to it, I may just go buy the damn thing.

We had the album on vinyl and played it to death.

I was little when it came out but my parents owned the LP.

Hated it then. Hate it now. Will always hate it in the future.

Hearing Billie Jean makes me want to pop my eardrums.

Though I have to admit, it did make Eat It possible.

I still have the vinyl LP, and have the album on my iPod by way of download. I’m not a big Michael Jackson fan at all, but that’s a good album.

You found me out. I’m from the future.

Now I have to kill your grandfather.

I distinctly remember my mom borrowing the album from the teenage neighbor girl and listening to it on the “hi-fi” with my brother and me (we would have been 6 and 4 years old). I also remember sitting down to watch the premiere of the “Thriller” video and it was the scariest thing I’d ever seen.

We never owned it, tho. I guess my mom didn’t enjoy the preview that much. I have not purchased it myself, either.

Before we were married, my wife bought the original LP version when it came out. I married her anyway.

I never liked Michael Jackson’s music, despite being the right age during his peak years.

Same. I never really cared for pop/top 40, even when I was a pre-teen/young teen. The subsequent overplaying on MTV and the radio made me actively loathe that album. The pedophilia and general creepiness that surfaced later makes me feel icky when one of his songs occasionally comes on the radio these days.

One of my boys had it on cassette tape, but I never owned it myself.

I generally liked pop/top 40 music of the 70s and early 80s. Didn’t like MJ, however. Agree about the overplaying of all his music. He had some talent, but it wasn’t my thing.