Haze gray and underway

[sarcasm]Again I sally forth for two weeks aboard the good ship Eisenhower, planes launching and landing above my head 'round the clock, a pitifully small rack, an even smaller paycheck, and enough work to fill a 28-hour day.[/sarcasm]

Take the time to enjoy your freedom today folks.

You still have us Chief…take care and be safe in your travels. :slight_smile:

I am me… accept it or not.

Thanks Chief. I never had to use the bunks on an aircraft carrier. I did spend a few “sleeping periods” on the SSN Annapolis once though. I gotta think those bunks are comparable. And at least you can see the sun and stars once in a while.

Dopeler effect:
The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

On the other hand, Chief, you could be hot bunking on one of those itty bitty fast attack subs. Youngest stepson’s first sub duty was on the Rickover. After 3 years of shore duty at Pearl (meaning he spent 3 years holding down a second job to be able to support his family there), he’s headed to Georgia and duty on a boomer.

Wish you a safe and uneventful cruise.

** Attention !! Calling all Guy Stuff Posters !! **

Whoah !!! This thing is HUGE. And look at all the blinking lights and buttons and stuff !

I wonder what this one does… IGNITION, it says…

Wooo hoo feel that mother rev UP !

Hey ! Jet skis ! 10 points each, here we go…

Coldfire

“You know how complex women are”

• Neil Peart, Rush (1993)

Go, Chief, Go!!
And just to get a little sappy for a minute–Thanks.

Chief you have my empathy. I spent enough time on the Connie and Ranger to know what you’re going through. When you get off sea duty you’ll actually miss the sound of planes landing on the roof.

In the navy “semi-private” accomodations mean 200 people to a room. :wink: I remember seeing a news report some time ago that described the berthing spaces on a carrier. Tiny bunks stacked three high with a barely shoulder wide space between. Twelve racks take up about half the space required for one federal prisoner. Probably folklore but the photos I’ve seen of John Gotti’s cell make me tend to believe it.

It’s your fault that I have no one to blame but myself.

Hey Chief, I’ll be sappy for a minute too, and say thanks. You’re protecting my three boys – the next generation – in a way that I can’t. Deity bless!

-Melin

Safe journey Chief. Let me know when you’re back in port - I can come down for the Norfolk Dopers meeting…(so there’ll only be three of us. So what!)

“Men are from Earth, women are from Earth. Deal with it.” - George Carlin

Safe journey Chief. Let me know when you’re back in port - I can come down for the Norfolk Dopers meeting…(so there’ll only be three of us. So what!)

Thanks guys.

::Beamed to you off the Challenge-Athena satellite from 150 miles off the North Carolina coast::

So where exactly are you heading with our taxpaying money? :slight_smile:

Oh, does this mean we can talk about him now ?

Jokes aside, have a safe trip Chief, I’d salute you, but I learned from the guy stuff thread you never do that with a bottle in your hand.

So I’ll just have a quick snort in your honor.

Ayesha - Lioness

There are two solutions to every problem : the wrong one, and mine
(Thomas A. Edison)

Port is left. Starboard is right.

We Army types never understood why Navy types would ask, “Where’s the head?” and when we directed them to the lucious working girls, they’d walk right past them and go into the bathroom.

We just figured that squids liked their sex solitary. :slight_smile:

But seriously soaks, I mean folks, here’s wishing you calm seas and clean catches.

Hmmm…seems like an appropriate place to say this again. Hope you watch Navy beat Army Saturday Chief. grinning at Rysdad

Army, like Brithael, bites mule schlong.

And it’s “fly over water, land on boat”. Beware confusing the two.

(Or izzit just the Marines that have that problem?)

BTW…do they still use Marine Navigation on carriers?

JB
Lex Non Favet Delicatorum Votis

At least you get to come here hon, my friend in the English Navy can only send out email… ok, ok so they have a bar… but since when did alcohol replace good company. =)

“Only when he no longer knows what he is doing, does the painter do good
things.” --Edgar Degas

And you INVITED me to deal with that, Chief?

My how… utterly NICE of you! :smiley:

Yer pal,
Satan