He Hate Me FF Keeper League - Year 13

You’re good.

I’m not keeping anyone this year either.

OK, I’m in. Standing on keeping Jeffrey. There’s a chance I’ll regret not keeping Brady if they undo the suspension, but I don’t think that’s going to happen.

Would REALLY like to keep Beckham, but I assume he was picked up mid season,not drafted, and is thus ineligible to keep?

Even unsuspended, I’m not interested in Brady in the second round, FTR.

Yup. If you look at the spreadsheet thing in the OP it shows you your four eligible keepers.

Has the draft date moved?

Keepers
Luck in round 2
McFadden in round 11

Damn - it hurt to type that.

Alright - everyone check your keepers. If you haven’t told me who you want, let me know soon.

(And sorry again for the shit show.)

I see the draft is still scheduled for tonight - there was talk about moving it till tomorrow - is tonight definite? Either works for me…

I would not be able to make tomorrow, but will try to pre-rank effectively if necessary.

What’s the waiver period for this league? If we draft tonight, will we have a chance to make roster changes before Thursday kickoff?

Munch, I hate to dump these last minute questions on you… I know how big a pain organizing one of these leagues can be without the headache of keeper rules, can only imagine how much worse this one is…

But I was wondering how you’ve set the draft order. I know we talked around it earlier in the thread, but wasn’t sure how it was resolved. Can’t find it on the league page…

I went to what we did last year - consolation bracket, then last to first. I dug up the poll we did on the Yahoo league page last year, which is how that was decided.

We should really examine that now, so we can fix that for next year while everyone is present and interested.

Yep, I’m the dummy that read the first number as the round we would keep them in, instead of the one we originally drafted them in. My bad, I should have read the instructions more carefully.

But I want the record to reflect that, as God is my witness, I didn’t mean to keep Lamar Miller in the second round. I was on the fence about keeping him in the 4th…

Oh well, there’s always next year…

1. (12) DeMarco Murray (Phi - RB)
  2. (17) Aaron Rodgers (GB - QB)
  3. (40) Davante Adams (GB - WR)
  4. (45) Doug Martin (TB - RB)
  5. (68) Sammy Watkins (Buf - WR)
  6. (73) Jordan Cameron (Mia - TE)
  7. (96) Devonta Freeman (Atl - RB)
  8. (101) Pierre Garcon (Was - WR)
  9. (124) Phillip Dorsett (Ind - WR)
  10. (129) Houston (Hou - DEF)
  11. (152) Tyler Lockett (Sea - WR)
  12. (157) Blake Bortles (Jax - QB)
  13. (180) Jerick McKinnon (Min - RB)
  14. (185) Ty Montgomery (GB - WR)
  15. (208) Mason Crosby (GB - K)
  16. (213) Kenny Stills (Mia - WR)
    Gotta say, I actually like my draft. As someone with no keepers and picking at the end of the 1st Round, I figured boom or bust was the way to go, and I only need a couple of things to be true to have a real good team. One, Davante Adams, a relatively unknown commodity, has to actually be good (meaning my WR1 puts up actual WR1 number and my QB doesn’t suffer too much from losing Jordy Nelson). Two, Doug Martin has to be closer to the guy he was as a rookie than the guy he’s been the last two year (which, ok, I guess probably not, but the preseason was quite promising, and it’s a gamble with a big payoff if it hits).

Plus, everyone I drafted from the 3rd Round on except for Pierre Garçon is a young upside guy, so it’s doubtful I’ll have zero keepers next year.

Full draft results:

My (short, 'cause work) draft review to follow.

Peterson was a pretty obvious choice there. Can’t complain. Hilton isn’t exactly an ideal #1 WR, but that’s what you get when you pick last in round 2. I think this might have been a bit early for Jimmy Graham; without Brees, he might be Just A Guy. V-Jax is a good value pick - his TD numbers will regress up - and Romo is consistently underrated. After that, you seem to have given up and just picked possible keepers, and it all went pear-shaped. Grade: C-, and it would have been worse if you’d had keepers.

For a team with some keepers, this one looks kind of bleh. Why would you spend a 9th round pick on Cam Newton when you already had an every-week starter? Why did you spend four straight picks on (old, possibly too old) wideouts when you were keeping Edelman? What are you going to do for RB bye weeks? Erm… your kicker is good. Grade: D-.

Omnipotents

1. (3) Eddie Lacy (GB - RB)
  2. (26) Emmanuel Sanders (Den - WR)
  3. (31) Brandin Cooks (NO - WR)
  4. (54) Russell Wilson ? (Sea - QB)
  5. (59) Ameer Abdullah (Det - RB)
  6. (82) John Brown (Ari - WR)
  7. (87) Chris Ivory ? (NYJ - RB)
  8. (110) Martellus Bennett ? (Chi - TE)
  9. (115) Buffalo (Buf - DEF)
  10. (138) 	Andre Williams (NYG - RB)

11. (143) 	Brandon Coleman (NO - WR)

12. (166) 	Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)

13. (171) 	Jeremy Langford (Chi - RB)

14. (194) 	Leonard Hankerson (Atl - WR)

15. (199) 	Ladarius Green (SD - TE)

16. (222) 	Matt Prater (Det - K)

[/quote]

Every year I give you a high draft grade and every year your team winds up sucking. Well, not this year. Between Sanders and Cooks you’ll have a #1WR. Hell, you might have another with Brown. Bennett is a great keeper value. However, your RBs aren’t nearly as good as usual - I don’t think Abdullah gets more than 10 carries a game this year - and there’s just something “bleh” about this team overall. I don’t understand why you bothered with Cutler or Green; there will be similar guys available on waivers if you need them. Grade: C.

Every year I give you a bad grade, and every year your team is g… hey, I like this roster! I’m not sure about Jarvis Landry outside a PPR format, but I guess you can take some chances with Evans and Old Steve Smith locked up. I hate the Morris pick; he’s Just A Guy without the zone read and I think he ends the year in a time share. Of course, you are pretty much set with Charles and Hill. Having said that, I have an odd feeling that Charles gets hurt this year and you didn’t lock up Knile Davis. Owen Daniels is basically done, even with Manning throwing to him. You could have taken someone with real upside with that pick, like ASJ. On the other hand, Jordan Reed will be a star if he stays healthy. There’s a little too much Baltimore homerism in your roster for comfort; why draft a backup QB when you have Brees? Still, solid effort. Grade: B.

Who are you, and what have you done with me? This isn’t one of my teams! Okay, once Lacy was gone I basically had no top-shelf RBs to choose from at #5, so Brown was a no-brainer. He’s practically guaranteed to give me 1400 yards and 8 TDs, even if he’s not as valuable here as in PPR. With those guys starting I didn’t need much depth, and Williams is just the sort of guy I wanted - he’ll play the byes and has a chance of 100 yards and a touchdown in any given game. At the close of round 2 there weren’t even any second tier backs available with Shady McCoy going two picks before me. So Cobb made an enticing option with Nelson out for the year. After that, it was basically all about picking up the crumbs at RB and I think I did decently. I would have liked to come out of this with Doug Martin instead of Yeldon, but he was gone well before my fifth pick and Stewart had a higher ADP. Yeldon might be good or might lose his job; we’ll see. I am very happy with my Foster pick, which could almost singlehandedly win me the league if he comes back early. It’s also obviously a huge keeper prospect as he has less than 1500 career carries even though he seems ancient. Bradford is the one guy who worries me (injuries, Chip Kelly might be stupid) but Dalton is solid as a rock in the regular season. He’s Romo-level undervalued; check out his 2013 numbers with a healthy AJ Green. In keeping with the general trend of picking high upside guys - not normally my style - Josh Hill and Ronnie Hillman could both be second rounders next year, or they might be out of football. DeAngelo Williams is basically just there to fill in for two weeks while I wait for Foster to come back (or, more likely, until I pick Terrance Williams or Ronnie Hillman as my flex for weeks 3-6). Josh Robinson is now the direct backup to Frank Gore, which means he’s probably Indy’s starter next year. I’m down. Grade: B+. Not a great team, but I’m thrilled with what I got considering that I had no keepers and I’m proud of myself for trying something different.

If Jordan Matthews is as good as advertised, this team will be decent. If Manning comes back at full strength, it’ll be great. If not, you’re fucked. There is no way you can make up for those cover-your-eyes-awful RBs without huge production at every other position. Witten was a huge reach, and if you are picking a TE in the fourth round he should be good enough to save you a roster spot for a backup. Same goes for Manning, though Rivers was a nice value where you took him. Jonas Gray isn’t even on an active roster! The San Francisco defense appears to have lost every good player. You have two kickers. I don’t remember you autodrafting, but I hope you did, because you get an F-.

I didn’t pick anything, this was an autodraft. This is quite honestly the team I will forget I have.

Oh, well, I take it all back. Some more reviews:

Gronk! Shady! Brady! Kee… nan Allen. Other than those three, there’s really not much I like about this team. Supposedly Green-Beckham is going to be a star, but they say that about a different Titans WR every year and it never happens. Gio Bernard is probably not going to get enough carries to be more than a flex, and Charles Sims and Knile Davis definitely won’t (barring injury). Cody Latimer is presumably a keeper play, because he supposedly may not see the field this year. Funchess is an interesting pick. Grade: C.

This team is okay-to-good top to bottom. I’m a little scared of Eli Manning as a true #1 QB (rather than a platoon option), but otherwise you are okay at every position. I don’t much care for Golden Tate as a #2 WR now that Megatron is back, and there really aren’t any super-high-upside guys on this roster. Still, decent. C+.

Potential superstars everywhere, and if Gurley clicks you might win our championship. Perversely, though, you seem to have drafted with an eye on keeper value instead of gunning for a title as your first six rounds would have justified. I don’t understand the Philly pick at all; they weren’t even the best defense on the board when you picked them. There are some other holes, here; Jared Cook is never anything more than a preseason tease. I guess I see what you were trying to do, generally, but you gave up too much for next year. B-.

Personally, I barely like a single one of your players. However, a lot of them are talking head darlings. If you are this weak at RB - and you are really weak - you should be strong at WR. You’re not; you’re just okay. Somewhere in rounds 4-6 you should have taken a true #2 RB. Luck is obviously nice to have, but I really don’t see the keeper value. You could have drafted him at a later spot. I also think you focused too much on keeper values in the late rounds since none of those guys are going to do you any favors this year. Grade: C.

I hate you and I hope you die. I mean, your RBs are so bad their mothers wouldn’t draft them - Latavius Murray aside - but you are stacked at every other position. Less so after you pick up a kicker, presumably, but that’s a fairly minor complaint. Grade: A-.

At first blush, I like a lot about this team. It looks an awful lot like one I’d draft. And that’s the problem: you don’t really have a #2 WR, just a few lottery tickets. You might not even have a #1, since Adams is still sort of unproven. Overall, I think you have too many eggs in the Packers’ basket. Still, if Lockett pans out you will have a great team. Grade: B.

I drafted Dion Lewis last instead of a kicker, figuring we’d get to see Thursday night if the Pats planned to use him. And they did, basically giving him all the carries. So I should probably drop someone else to pick up a kicker.

On the other hand, it’s a rough ride being on the Pats RB roller coaster.