He Hate Me FF keeper league - year 8

Just an FYI, all of my keepers are available for trade except Chris Johnson. I’ll sit down in the next day or so to make some offers myself.

If anyone is eager to make a deal let me know.

Omni, I think I sent you some trade offers when this thread was started (it would have been via the league site). It was probably regarding draft picks, since we’re on opposite ends of the draft.

Munch, I sent you a message in response to yours, did you get it? What did you think if you did?

To everyone else, let’s go! It’s August 10th! Let’s see some action around here! I have a message for you furt, about a proposal. Let me know what you think.

I don’t see any offers, can you resend them to my email address? I’m game for keeper positioning type trades.

I’m kicking around the idea of offering up Philip Rivers for a high draft pick if anyone is interested, so ruminate on that folks.

Rivers’ ADP is the end of the fourth round, so I doubt you’ll get much for him as a fifth.

Um, that’s in a 10-team standard Yahoo non-keeper league. He’s averaging 37th overall. In a 14 team league that’s the 9th pick in the 3rd round. It also discounts the fact that of the 35 people ranked ahead of him probably 2/3rds of them will be kept. If I don’t keep Rivers there’s virtually no chance he lasts through the second round in this league format.

I’ve got him going 43rd overall, and there won’t be many out of the 35 or 42 ranked ahead of him who get kept, because we can’t keep 1st- or 2nd-round picks.

So you’re saying your right because your board agrees with it? Interesting argument.

Going by the Yahoo roster, half the guys with an ADP ahead of him will probably be keepers. Many of those guys are historical keepers and the rest are guys like Miles Austin, Jamaal Charles and Sidney Rice who are new to the scene. The only guys really out of the mix are stalwarts like Brady, Manning, Moss and two or three of the older RBs.

We can’t keep 3rd rounders either.

I just realized that I never set the draft order. I’ll try to take care of that tonight, along with updating for the draft pick trade that already went through upthread.

Also, I should really sit down and identify the trade offers I want to make and send them out.

Not my board. “My” board as in this one.

Things are way to quiet with this league. It depresses me. Last years league thread didn’t hardly have a single in season post to it.

I’ll be more into it this year. Last year I didn’t set a pre-draft order since there was no way I was missing it, but something came up and Yahoo drafted an AWFUL team for me. This time I’ll set up the order, but almost certainly will make the draft.

Same here, except I did manage to show up in the middle of it. I think my first actual pick was in the 6th or 7th round. Learned my lesson; preranking is vital no matter how certain you are you’re going to be there.

Glad to see you got your computer fixed, btw.

I think it’s the Dope in general. There isn’t even a preseason thread yet. I think people just haven’t gotten into the NFL yet. I agree though, there absolutely needs to be more activity around here. Starting with people sending me offers to swap their first round pick with my eleventh. Shocked that those haven’t started pouring in.

How many people in this league no longer post on the Dope?

Only Weirddave, IIRC, although I haven’t seen Nurse Carmen or a few other people around in a while.

Of the six owners that haven’t posted in this thread, I’m pretty sure Hamlet, The Mad Hermit, VarlosZ and NurseCarmen are still active.

Spiritus Mundi last posted in December; Weirddave is banned.

I’m here but don’t have much to say - my horrible autodraft last year left me with no decent keeper prospects, except possibly Tony Romo with the 25th pick. With the amount of good keepers, he may be decent value there, but nothing to get excited about.
So I’m pretty much just waiting for the draft.

Actually, now that I think about it, was it **Mundi **who said last year that he was having some medical issues? Hope he’s okay.

If anyone has an issue come up where they can’t attend the draft, I can draft in your place. I like drafting and I’m pretty good at it - I’ll do better than an autodraft. Just change your yahoo password to something generic and PM me your account details. Or I guess we might be able to do a comanagement thing, but I’d have to use a secondary account since I’ll have my 4 leagues full.

I’ll go ahead and second SenorBeef on his offer to proxy draft. He’d be a fantastic choice if you couldn’t make the draft and needed someone to take your spot. I say this because, as a competitor in the league, I’d want nothing more than for you to let SenorBeef draft for you. Since you’ll end up with an entire team full of Browns, and they don’t figure to be any good this season, we’d have one less team to worry about competing for the title this season.