Helena has passed on

Per her friend Cow Princess, posted on the Raffe, longtime member of both these boards Helena (Helena330 here) has died. This was not unexpected, as she had a recurrence of cancer and has been in hospice care for a while now. She had to put her kitteh Twig down recently due to illness and I think that took a lot out of her. She was a kind and sweet soul and she will be sorely missed. Blessed be, dear, our love goes with you.

I don’t know why this is such a shock when she told us it was coming. I am heartbroken.

:cry:

Same here–knowing it was coming doesn’t seem to have blunted the grief one bit. I’m going to miss her something awful.

Very sorry to hear this.

I’m going to miss her, she was always so pleasant. We all knew it was coming but it still hits hard.

She was a lovely, sensitive, kind person. I always enjoyed reading her posts and appreciated her gentle nature. I will miss her.

Rest in peace, dear lady.

That’s so sad. She seemed like someone whose values, and heart, were in the right place.

That will do it. I’m sorry. :slightly_frowning_face:

Oh, fuck no. Oh man, I really liked her. Jesus this really hurts. RIP Helena. You were a good soul.

She was so sweet. We are all better off for having known her. Thank you @Helena330 for touching us in your special ways.

So sad. She was a friend and a kind person.

I’m so sorry to learn this. She was a kind person, and I’ll miss reading her posts.

:heart: From me to her.

This is sad. RIP, Helena.

I am so sorry. And I’m sorry that she had to lose Twig first; though I don’t know whether it was any comfort to her that Twig wouldn’t have to be without her.

It was a situation where the choice was surgery/recovery and euth and Twig wasn’t super old but it would have been a lot for her to suffer and a lot for Helena and her mom to nurse her through. I’m feeling bad that her mom has absolutely no one in the house to take comfort with.

I remember her. She was a good poster and a good person and the board and the world are worse off without her.

I honestly think she fought to hold on long enough to make certain that Twig was no longer suffering, and to be there with her mom so they could grieve together. And having met that personal goal, she felt she could move on to the next level :broken_heart:

I honestly think she fought to hold on long enough to make certain that Twig was no longer suffering, and to be there with her mom so they could grieve together. And having met that personal goal, she felt she could move on to the next level :broken_heart:

I know that I lost a much-beloved cat, at age 17, while at the same time trying to sort out what type of procedure to have to partially deal with a heart condition in myself. And that it was a comfort to me that, whatever then happened to me (I’m more or less OK now for a while), at least I had lasted long enough to last her out – it felt, and feels, like bringing her in safe, somehow.

The current creatures are all more adaptable to other humans and probably to other places. The Cat With The Loud Purr only fully trusted me; and had never, since she was four months old, lived anywhere else. Now she will never have to.