Hello!

Well, yesterday I had to go spend a day at work, unpaid, on my week off, on four hours of sleep (long story). So last night I went to bed pretty early and slept a reeeally long time. Then I woke up this morning with a splitting headache, since my brain like to punish me for screwing with its sleep schedule. I looked out the window and it was freezing cold and wet and nasty and depressing. Just a nasty, evil day all around.

Then I got myself together enough to go out to the mailbox, where I found my ticket to Hawaii that I’d bought a few days earlier. Woo!

Hey there! I’m doing great today.

A great moment from today: watching my son open his birthday present (electric bass and amp).

Something red: A sled that my Scooby-Doo figurine is sitting on.

Today sucked big ones. First up, got yelled at by SO for approximately 2 hours, then was told I had fucked up an account, then the 10 year old pretended he couldn’t do his schoolwork unless I helped, so I tried to help but was constantly interrupted by phone calls from the SO telling me how lazy I was.
Now, tell you about something red? Well, I’m seeing red, if you catch my drift, but I don’t think that counts. I see a red attachment for a wet vac, red on Dilbert’s tie on a mouse pad and the red cap on the super glue. Just wait till SO gets home. Then you will see lots and lots of red. :mad: :eek:

Well today i had some boring meetings, then after that i worked on some documentation and processes that, in all likelihood, will be read by no one but me. Then I had some crappy pizza from the cafeteria.

A red thing as seen from my desk, the red, nylon, windsockesque, trick or treat bag in the shape of satan’s head.

**Hello! **
Hello!

How are you doing today?*
I am just finer then frogs hair. You?

Tell me something that happened in today’s journey.
I had a well deserved lazy day. I relaxed on the screen porch, did a few loads of wash, spent time on-line and just had a nice day.

Also, tell me about a red thing you can see from where you are posting. The only red thing I see are some berries on the bushes on the side of my neighbors house. Oh, and later I’m going to Red Lobster for dinner. So that’s red. Have a nice day!

1. Tired. I need to start going to bed earlier.

2. I saw some dolt blocking an intersection.

3. Does partially red count? I have a red & tan wood picture frame on my desk. In the frame is a photo from my parents’ 50th Anniversary Party, the entire family is in the photo except for my two brothers.

Hiya! I’m doing pretty good, but trying desperately to appear busy, even though I have nothing to do. I’m a state employee and it’s 3:40 and I want to go home.

Red red red… My poster I got in New Orleans at the Millenium Margi Gras has some red in it and my Bible is red. (Boy is that a combo for you or what?)

All in all, I wish I was on Bourbon Street right now…

It’s snowing/hailing, so I’m not happy. I’ve spent the day doing housework. On the up side, my kitty is coming home from the vet’s tonight. On the down side, I have to pay the vet.

I like cooking. I just wish I could only cook and someone else would do the rest of the housework. I’m trying to decide just how clean the apartment has to be for the guest who’s staying here on the weekend. Urgh.

The mouse pad is red, and so is my Celtic knotwork wall hanging.

Hello, Ms. Baboon!

Today, during my lunchbreak, I took a walk to the yarn store down the street from my office and investigated all the really neat types of yarn and thread they have. I just learned to knit, and I’m excited to start making people gifts. This store has incredibly beautiful thread – I saw green silk thread with little pink knots, making it look like a flowering vine…all kinds of wool and mohair and alpaca…thick and fine…bright and smoky colors. I ended up buying a skein of very fine (and slightly fuzzy) mohair/silk blend in a dark, dusty burgundy color, along with a skein of fine silk in the same color. I’ll blend them together when I knit them. I can’t wait to get home and start.
The red that I see is the label of my strawberry-and-banana flavored bottle of fruitwater. It’s water with a fruit “essence” to make it taste, uh, less water-y.

Does anyone else get the feeling this is a one-way conversation?

well damn.

I actually took the time to respond to all of you and then BLAMMO, my post was toast.
I was drawing a sock monkey for my mini message board and I had waaaay too much open at once.

So, all of you:

imagine some reply and question in regards to your post. then answer the question.

The exception to this rule:
if you have more than 6 letters in your name, ask yourself something totally unrelated. Probably something about sock monkeys.

oh, and all of y’all having a crappy day, May I suggest a calgon moment?

I’m fine, thanks for asking. I’m sort of bored at work. There are a couple things I should be doing but nothing pressing. I’ll probably do as little as possible until I get to leave a 5. Over 3 more hours – argh. But my lunch is coming up soon. I’m whiling away the time watching agonizingly slow pitch by pitch updates of the Red Sox game. I’m looking forward to playing basketball after work if I can get out of here on time. I just took an order from a total bonehead. My line: “May I have a billing address that will correspond with the address on your credit card.” She gives it to me. I fill it out, complete the order, take the card info etc. MC verification system says the address doesn’t match. I say “now, my credir card verification system is telling me that the billing address you gave me doesn’t match the address on the credit card.” Her response: “No, it doesn’t.” Me again: “I’ll need an address that matches before I can process the order.” Her again: “Here it is.” Is there any reason she couldn’t have given it to me the first time? No. No there isn’t.

But all in all I’m doing alright.

Okay. The lid on my paper clip box is red, about 2"x3"x3". There’s a stripe of red on the label on my Crystal Geyser water bottle. Maybe a quarter-inch thick in two bands around the label. It also says “NATURAL” under the main logo and “There is a difference” in the blurbs on the side. There’s a little See’s Candy Santa guy to the right of my monitor. His hat and the wire-mesh cage that serves as his body and holds the candy are both red. Six of the seven pushpins being used on the left side of my cubicle are red, as against four of four on the right side. There’s a flyer from a pizza place taped to the wall which prominently features the color red. My NCAA bracket is also pinned to one wall of my cube and I wrote in red all the picks I got wrong on it. So there’s a lot of red over there. The UPS Ground time-in-transit map on my wall uses the color red to indicate 1 business day shipping time so the northern half of California and some of Nevada are red on that map. At this moment two phone lines are in use, somebody’s got line 1 on hold and somebody’s talking on line 3 so those two indicator lights are flashing red and solid red, respectively. One post-it note has someone’s name and two phone numbers written on it and taped upside down to the top of my monitor. I can take it down now because I took care of that issue on Tuesday. So that’s gone now. One reminder to myself is written in small letters in red ink and taped to the bottom of my monitor: “D/S or W/H - mfr - outc - trkg”.

And that, ladies and gents, is a list of every instance of the color red that I can currently see without getting up. And I’d like to thank you all for affording me the opportunity to waste the last 20 minutes of my time on this post.

1. Could be a lot worse… I get to go home in a few minutes, and I get paid tomorrow :slight_smile:

2. Well, it hasn’t happened yet, but there’s a bit of freezing drizzle in the air right now, which I’m sure will make the commute home interesting (good thing I take the bus).

3. Red things: The bag of fischer sunflower seeds (gotta have something to nibble on, and they’re better for you then candy). I also have posters from my college football playing days, and we wore red uniforms.

I have more than 6 letters in my SDMB name, so here goes.

No, I don’t think sock monkeys like those orange circus peanuts. I personally think they are disgusting, and besides, sock monkeys don’t have digestive tracts anyway. I am not sure about the poster Sock Munkey (I hope I spelled it right). S/he might have a digestive tract, you never know.

Hello yourself!

How are you doing today?*

Feh, I just quit my job, and I’m in that 2-weeks-notice twilight zone.

Tell me something that happened in today’s journey.

Today I listened to Motörhead at work, and by the time the May 11th Montreal show comes around, I’ll have heard the new CD Hammered and every song they have ever recorded a thousand times. My head should explode sometime during the show. This and the job change is all part of eunoia’s Midlife Crisis Summer 2003 World Tour.

Also, tell me about a red thing you can see from where you are posting.

My desk is littered with firetruck red files labelled “Problems”. How a propos

Don’t be a stranger.

S-t-e-v-e-space-w-r-i-g-h-t (counts on fingers … )

Personally, I think the ITV Digital sock monkey has had its day. It’ll never get an acting job as good as that again. My guess is that it’s going to retire to Tunbridge Wells and drink itself to death on pink gins.

Mostly because of my low threshold for intense boredom.

Take me away!

Sock monkies freak me the hell out!

I don’t like sock monkies. They are better than those cymbol playing monkies, though. Now those will creep you right out. I always wondered how one made a sock monkey. I would look at the socks and try to figure it out, but, I really don’t sew at all, and therefore sewing logic goes in one ear and out the other. Those little organ grinder monkies are okay, I suppose, but I don’t really like them either. I wonder where you can buy little organ grinder monkey clothes. Do the same people make Barbie clothes? Can you dress the little organ grinder monkies up in Barbie clothes? Are the clothes big enough? What about Cabbage Patch doll clothes? Would they fit better? Do little organ grinder monkies like to wear clothes? Monkies in clothes creep me out.

I don’t like monkies. (Present company excluded)

Hi. I’m kind of ill, but relatively well, thanks. How are you?
My day was reasonable, except for the being ill bit. Just queasy, dizzy, nauseated and kind of bleghish. It could be much worse. And yesterday, an ex boyfriend called, and wants to date my best friend. No I don’t think you two would work together. Why? I just don’t think you would. Why? BECAUSE I SAID SO. I’m very protective and loving of my friends, and so I’ve been slightly upset about that. Anyway, thanks for asking.

Right now… oh boy I have to look… I don’t like red really. I guess my dictionary is red. Webster’s New World Dictionary, Third World Edition, 197’ something. Yeah, it’s old, it’s my stepfather’s. I have like 4 different dictionaries, all from 197’ something.

Sock monkeys… Yes I know what they are, they used to hide in my laundry basket, and when I did the laundry, they’d run off with all my socks. Cute little buggers, but I bet I could buy a new car with all the money I’d have saved from buying new socks that they ran off with.

Thanks, I hope you have a good day.