Hello!

I happen to think sock monkeys are cute. In fact one of my sons has one hanging from his ceiling fan going round and round to torment the cat and dogs.

Red, red, red, hmm, red, what’s red, ahh - the fire extinguisher. Do you want to know about the fire extinguisher?

It has brass bits at the top and a big black funnel sticking out of it.

There is nothing else red in my view.

Well, hi there!

Today wasn’t as good a day as yesterday. Today it rained, yesterday was sunny and warm. I had to go pick up my daughter at school because she had a migraine, poor kid. I took my father-in-law to the urologist, then drove him over to his rental property to collect the rent, then I went to the grocery store to get coffee filters. At some points in between, I played with a new feature at a friend’s website, and made a pizza for dinner.

I see a red Coke can, the remains of a red silk poinsettia my dog was gnawing on and a red tulip my daughter drew in oil pastels.

As for sock monkeys, I often wondered which came first, the sock or the monkey?

I think Sock Monkeys are great. I have a Sock Gorilla. He’s so cute, you can stuff this paws (or feet) into his mouth.

(At this point in the cconversation, I make the gradual change from sock monkies to spark plugs and/or topiaries)

(also, the colour is now yellow. Tell me something you see that is yellow).

I’m not so bad, I guess.

Today I talked the girl I have a crush on into not worrying about her relationship with her boyfriend so much and just be happy because he’s a really good guy. I’m a smart one. I also burned 12 cd’s for someone I’ve never met and was given Canadian money for postage. I don’t know what to do with it.

I can see my roommate’s red coat hanging on the back of one of our dining room chairs.

I work at an engineering firm, and today we had to go to the University of Kentucky and prowl around in steam tunnels and manholes. Being one of the first really warm days this year the scenery was tremendous.
[hijack]To anyone of the female persuasion who happens to read this. Thank you so much for being the beautiful, alluring creatures that you are. You make the world go round* and are not appreciated enough for it.[/hijack]

I see a yellow film container on the corner of my desk. Kodak Advantix in case you were wondering.

*Actually I think inertia does this, but I am willing to give you credit for it.

Today I somehow got out of math class and slept in the senior lounge. It wasn’t all that interesting, but it was a good thing.
And I see a red koosh (sp?) ball on my shelf.

I am well, thank you for asking.

I had a large black and tan after work today. It’s rare to get the two beers on tap out here in the boondocks, and even more rare for someone to put one together correctly. The bartender was a heroin thin kid with big fat dreadlocks. He kept humming Bittersweet by Big Head Todd and the Monsters. The beer was very good.

The yellow thing is a Cadbury carmel egg box sitting next to my monitor. I shouldn’t, but I do.

I am well, thank you for asking.

I had a large black and tan after work today. It’s rare to get the two beers on tap out here in the boondocks, and even more rare for someone to put one together correctly. The bartender was a heroin thin kid with big fat dreadlocks. He kept humming Bittersweet by Big Head Todd and the Monsters. The beer was very good.

The yellow thing is a Cadbury carmel egg box sitting next to my monitor. I shouldn’t, but I do.

Hi, I’m tired, but good.

Today I finished my research paper for a class (paper worth 40%) and I finished realtively early, which made me feel good. I did well on a test I had last week, and I ate some banana muffins.

The biggest red thing I can see from where I am right now is my couch, but my dining room table (behind me) and several of the dried roses that decorate the area are also reddish.

thats what I get for not reading the whole thread.

I have no topiaries, and the yellow thing is my cats eyes. They’re shining in the dim light.

“You must bring us … a … topiary!”

Nahh … doesn’t work.

And I always get topiary mixed up with topology. I’m not really into either maths or gardening, you see, but I am into etymology.

Yellow? There’s a yellow post-it note on my desk, which has … hmm … which has several passwords written on it that probably shouldn’t have been written down. Oh, well.

I am fine. I have only come as far as downstairs today, and the journey was not very interesting.

I can see a a yellow post-it note with a reminder of something to ask my mum when I call her. I can also see the yellow feet and beak of a toy penguin.

I should really be putting the notes and work I have here with me into the proper format in PageMaker, but I feel like doing more in note form and putting the whole lot into PM on Monday. Either way I shouldn’t be on the SDMB…

It’s a dreary day in Harford County, MD. I dropped hubby off at work and came to Mom’s to do some laundry and stuff. She took off just after I got here, so the house is mine. I’ve surfed a bit, but now I’m going out to wash the car - just because it’s gross and grimy. I’ll be back here in a little bit.

Something red near me? Just after Christmas, hubby and I made a shadow box for my mom with my dad’s USMC memorabilia. It’s hanging on the wall to my left. There’s red on the big lacquered eagle and globe plaque, and some on the sergeant stripes and some on the National Defense Medal. I also know there’s some on the flag that sat on Dad’s casket, but it’s folded in a triangle so only the stars show.

Greetings. I’m doing well, thank you for asking.

This has been a pretty good week. I had a job interview on Wednesday that went well. I have two more (at the same time) this afternoon, so I’m all dressed up for that. Last night, I went to a yarn store and found all kinds of stuff that I wanted to get, but I limited myself to some fuzzy sparkly stuff to finish off a purse I’m making for my sister’s prom. I also had Thai food and found fabric to cover both of the free from the back alley, in good shape, but in need of covering chairs. Some of the fabric has giant maps of the world on it in bright colors.

I had oatmeal for breakfast. And it snowed last night, even though it is APRIL. I’m still not used to Colorado, I guess. Just when I think it is spring, I get fooled.

The yellow things I see are the bright yellow folders holding large amounts of paper that I have copied and not yet mailed. I’m lazy this morning.

There aren’t any topiaries here per se, but there’s a pothos plant with HUGE leaves. I’m jealous of it. My pothos lost half its leaves in my move and it’s still recovering.

I’m in favor of sock monkeys. But only as pet toys or for the kitch value. I am not in favor of all of the Betty Boop paraphenalia that surrounds me (the person whose job I am doing right now is a Betty Boop fiend).

I have six letters in my name - and I’ve never had a sock monkey.

but today is payday - which makes it better than most every other day.

And we’re going to eat Mexican food for lunch. Yay!

Yellow post-it - from a cow-orker who refuses to return calls and suddenly it’s MY job to call them back…

<<sigh>> Did I mention Mexican for Lunch??

I see a yellow piece of paper containing a March, 2003 blood screening calendar; I suppose it’s from my dad’s office.

I’m feeling surprisingly calm considering what’s going on. Last night I - yes, I emailed my boyfriend of two months to (maybe?) break up. He’s stopped calling me and we rarely get together, so I told him we can fix that or we can end it on good terms. I, as the initiator of this, am the one who gets to sit and wait for him to check his email, then call me with the verdict. Yes, it’s exciting. Yes, I know the email part was lame. grumbles We’re both 16 and I’m certainly not in love with him, so either way this goes, I’ll be happier than I have been with the situation.

I stayed up all night watching the war, then slept for three hours on my cusioned porch swing. The dogwood blossoms are in bloom along with the forsythia, red bud, and wild violets that turn my yard purple. The temps are in the 70’s and there’s rain on the wind. Fish are jumping and the cotton is high…

My red thing is on the wall – a framed mat surrounding a personal note from Katharine Hepburn.

]

Reply: Why did you mention Katharine Hepburn rather than the red mug with yellow tulips that is right in front of you?

Answer: The mug has coffee crud around the top and I didn’t want you to notice how dirty it is. Besides, I wanted to show off.

Now that I’ve read the thread, I guess I will have to resort to that danged crudey red mug with the yellow tulips.

From my office window, I can see acres and acres of yellow lawns. It’s nowhere near topiary season here yet, although a spring forward will do wonders for morale.

I wonder how the chemical fertilizer ban that goes into effect this year will affect the national sport of suburbia: caring for lawns. My lawn mower needs a new spark plug.

(Triple-word score!)