Help ID this recent (whimsical, Death Cab For Cutie-ish) song

Another one in the series. Difficulty: Few clues.

I was listening to the radio the other day when this song was playing. A friend was driving, so not sure which station only that it was a Top 40-style, generally playing only recent stuff. Song came on that sounded like it could be by Death Cab For Cutie, judging by the voice and style, but was not “Meet Me on the Equinox”. Lyrics were all very whimsical, about butterflies possibly and things like that; very child friendly without being a children’s song. Other than that, I got nuthin’.

This maybe? (YouTube link to “Fireflies.”)

Fireflies, butterflies, hipster guys in low-cut Levi’s… it’s all the same.
That’s the one. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Not a bad song… thanks for exposing me to it.

Oh, god…is it that “10,000 lightning bugs give me 1000 hugs” thing?

IwillnotthreadshitIwillnotthreadshitIwillnotthreadshitIwillnotthreadshit…

I wouldn’t say I hate the song, but every time I hear this song I think “Death Cab really isn’t as good anymore.” Glad to see it’s not them. That guy really does sound like Ben Gibbard.

Whimsical, Death Cab for Cutie-ish–I was going to suggest “Hot Air Balloon” until I saw the stuff about butterflies. I like “Hot Air Balloon” quite a lot, come to think of it.

Has Ben Gibbard considered going to the police to try to get his voice recovered?

Eh. Anyone can sound like anyone when you’re Autotuned that heavily.

The first time I heard this on the radio, I thought, “This new Postal Service song sucks ass!” I think they really, really tried to rip off the Postal Service (which has the same singer as Death Cab for Cutie). It has that same electronic sound and, of course, the voice.

I was actually relieved that it wasn’t them. It’s truly awful.