Help me find a new nose

Here are some pictures of my current overly-long, bulbous, and oh-so-grotesque nose:

one pic
two pic
red pic
blue pic

I am quite serious about wanting a nose job, as I’ve talked about for years. It’s something I’ll have to save up for, and certainly won’t be happening really soon… but I want to find my nose now. I want to pick one out.

So… anyone? Help? Find a good nose for me!

I really like Xenia Seeburg’s nose

Well if that is the one you like then go for it. Just stay away from Michael Jackson’s last surgeon. Do what makes you happy!!! We’ll think you are beautiful no matter what you choose to do.

No one “nose” better than you what is best for you. :slight_smile:

30 minutes and no one has done the obvious?

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.

So sorry, can’t help.

But honestly, Opal, in all the pics I’ve seen of you, I have never thought you had a bad nose. In fact, checking out the pics you linked, I’d say it’s a damn sexy nose.

I feel that the main test is if it’s not a distraction, then it’s probably pretty good to begin with.

All that being said…
mmmmmmm…Xev :slight_smile:

Heh. Yeah… Xev… I’d do her. And Kai. Both, at the same time!

I agree with Max. I think you’re extremely attractive. But, this has very little to do with what anyone else thinks so…

Mrs. Dante had a nose job, and recommends that you do a LOT of research, and pick someone who is qualified, and with whom you feel comfortable. Good luck!

God’s truth: I opened the pics and my first thought was, “Why does she want to mess with that? It looks great! That’s a beautiful nose!”
Of course, you can do whatever you want, but I wouldn’t change it.

I wouldn’t do anything until your weight loss goal has been attained. Your face has changed SO MUCH since you had the surgery! You may decide you like your nose once you reach your goal! Or you may decide you want a different nose by that time. By the way, you look fine.

Kal: the nose job is at least 2 years into the future, so no worries.

Also, I used to be thin. I’ve only been fat since 1995. I hated my nose then, too.

Dante: I’d love to hear some of Mrs. Dante’s advice!

I wouldn’t do anything about your nose…it’s that makeup that you need to work on.

:smiley:

Seriously, you wouldn’t want to change the shape too much. You want to still look like you, only better. The person’s nose you linked to, while nice, wouldn’t work for you IMO. It would be obvious that it was fake.

All the plastic surgeons now have programs where they’ll take a digital photo of you and manipulate it to show you what they think would be the best course of action. I’d visit a few and get some opinions, most will do free consultations or apply the cost of the consult to the procedeure. Make sure they’re licensed as plastic surgeons, members of some professional organization, etc. Ask about their surgical facility and how it’s accredited (that doesn’t seem to be the right word but you know what I’m going for), the rates of complications, how they do the surgery, yadda yadda yadda.

My doc made a slice under the tip of my nose from nostril to nostril and basically skinned my nose. It sounds disgusting but she can see what she’s doing. You definitely don’t want a doctor up there with a chisel, working blindly. Ask about packing (i didn’t have any), bandages (I did) and casts (I did) and how long they have to be worn. Ask about pre and post op medications, stiches, pre-op tests. Ask, ask, ask.

Go forth and research! And if you have any questions, feel free to email me, though my surgery was very minor. It turned out that I really only had a cartilidge problem and rebreaking it was unnecessary. Although it’s still slightly crooked, I can breathe out of both nostrils and my bump is gone. Yay!

I have looked at (revolting) pictures of the process of a nose job… it’s oogy.

I mainly hate the length, and it’s too big-n-round at the end. I believe the word I’m looking for here is “fugly”. Yes, that fits well. In addition to having an overly long nose, I have a not-very-pronounced chin, which makes for a really unattractive profile.

I’m quite a long ways away from going for a consultation. I wouldn’t even begin to be able to think about paying for it for several years, so it really would be silly for me to see someone at this point.

I thought the second pic was Boy George :smiley:

I think the nose you have is fine.

I gotta agree with Max and Dante. I like the nose. And the eyes (especially “two pic”). And the mouth. And the hair. etc, etc, etc…

Why, you lose one?
:smiley:

Jeff: No, just trying to :slight_smile:

Well, if you’re not messing with the bone (just the tip), it shouldn’t too bad of a recovery, more like mine. I was sewing Halloween costumes on day two and the majority of my bruising was gone by day five…nothing some makeup, a Wonderbra and a low-cut shirt couldn’t hide. :smiley:

BTW, you may want to consider a chin implant too if that bugs you. I understand it’s fairly common to have them both done at the same time but that’s really for you and a surgeon to discuss.

And it’s not fugly, it’s distinctive. :slight_smile:

I can’t mess with my chin. It’s a rather “famous” family trait and would break many hearts were I to change it.

I can’t mess with my chin. It’s a rather “famous” family trait and would break many hearts were I to change it.

You’ve got a beautiful nose, Opal – it’s one of the nose-types that always turns my head. (I privately think of a nose like that as an “empress nose” – Suggestive of power, culture, and class. I couldn’t imagine the goddess Athena with any other type of nose.)

I guess stuff like that is pretty subjective. Do what thou wilt, but I can’t imagine a way to improve on it.

Wow.

That was some pic there, Opal.

I think I’m in love.