Help Me Stock "The Midnight Margarita" for Halloween

Less than five weeks to Halloween. How can that be? So much left to do. Monster hands to sculpt, heads to stuff, an entire bar to build… I want to take the annual yard display to an unprecedented level this year, but I need the creative minds of the Dope to help.

This year’s theme is “The Midnight Margarita Bar & Grill,” a pub where all the witches, demons, and undead can relax, hang out, and eat disgusting foods. Some of the menu items will be just that, menu items simply listed on on signs. Others will be items I’ll create in realspace that are puns on real food and drink, such as my own twisted version of a Bloody Mary.

So far, I know I’m going to offer Long Pig, Forbidden Fruit, Lady Fingers, Fuzzy Navels, Dragon’s Blood, Asp Venom, Frog’s Breath, Wormwood, Mandrake, and blood in various forms (on tap, etc.) with assorted magical herbs, such as Witch Hazel and Belladonna. I imagine I’ll have to offer Eye of Newt, because otherwise everyone’s going to ask for it.

There has to be more, especially on the food side, and I know this is the crowd to think of them. Because this will be a public event in a fairly conservative area, I do have to avoid directly sexual references but otherwise, what goes on the menu is what tickles my funny bone. Surprise me!

There’s a very tasty cocktail called the Corpse Reviver #2:

3/4 oz gin (use Plymouth)
3/4 oz Cointreau
3/4 oz Lillet Blanc
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
1 dash absinthe

Shake & strain.

Note: This is one of those drinks where you must measure the ingredients.

The Savoy Cocktail Book notes, “Four of these taken in swift succession will unrevive the corpse again.”
(And yes, there is a Corpse Reviver #1, but it’s not really worth drinking–it’s brandy, calvados, and sweet vermouth.)