HELP PLEASE - Moral Dilemma

Scotticher, her real name is Sabrenia, and when she was in college she worked as a cocktail waitress with a lesbian who REALLY had the hot pants for her. ( I may have neglected to mention that Beaner is completely, totally physically perfect in every conceivable way. I mean supermodel hot). The lesbian coworker also happened to be a friend of mine, and that’s how I came to know Beaner. Hope gave her the name as a shortened version of Sabrenia, and of some reason it stuck. The rest of her family calls her “Mean”, which is the way one of her sisters pronounced Sabrenia when she was young, and her young neice calls her Gigi.

Am I to understand that Sleestak has never heard sex toys referred to as “Marital aids”?

Thank you, I apologize for my nosiness, but like I said. I am always interested in the story behind the nickname. I had a very good, VERY shy male friend named Chuck. (We’re talking high school here.) And for some reason, somewhere along the line, we all started calling him “Chuck-Chuck (the window peeper)” for reasons I cannot at the moment recall. This poor man was as unlikely to “peep” in anyone’s window as…as …well, as I am. And trust me, that will NEVER happen. Anyway, he finally got up the nerve to tell us he HATED it, so it got shortened to “CC”, and for years we all called him CC, by which time EVERYONE he knew called him that. And almost no one knew where it came from…except for the original bunch of hooligans who started the whole thing. For reasons I still can’t recall, but I think that is because it probably doesn’t reflect well on any of us. Ah, youth. :slight_smile:

Eventually, CC met a wonderful woman who hooked him, informed us that his name was “Charles” and married him. We pretty much never saw him again, except sometimes a distant sighting at a wedding or something like that. I get the feeling she didn’t LIKE us much. He always waved, though, as she was dragging him away. And I am glad to say he always looked pretty happy, from what I could tell. So all is well with CHARLES. CC apparently disappeared somewhere along the line. Whatever, I am glad he is happy.

And my best wishes for Beaner and Phil, too. Mazel Tov! :cool:

I just had to chime in and say: Aside from what sleestak said about the “swinging” remark I agree with him completely.

Also its not uncommon for a guy to tell his lady friends Including his soon to be wife that “oh no, honey I don’t want to goto a strip club for my b-party” If these guys are his good friends I think its safe to say they know what he really wants. Thats why they’re friends in the first place.

Basically what I get from the bride is;" I (the bride) am incapable of doing no wrong. But you (the groom) will most certainly do wrong unless guided by my strict hand. " And she gets away with this thinking by hiding under the guise “I’ll be hurt if he does” That phrase to me sounds munipulative at best.

Its only one night for christ sake. Let the guy go.

Puh-leaze, SHAKES. There are men who would rather not go to a strip club, or if they did go, wouldn’t want to go to a disreputable joint whose former patrons/employees are now in jail.

My soon-to-be does not want to go to a strip club for his bachelor’s party, despite the fact that I would be perfectly fine with it if he did. (And he knows I am telling the truth as the year before last I hosted a bachelorette party at a local strip club.) He simply does not want to.

Similarly, neither of us would have a problem with a bridal shower for sex toys. It would just add to our collection.

I have to agree with Slee also. The whole debacle seems rather childish. If beaner doesn’t trust phil enough to let him see a naked woman, they shouldn’t be getting married.

If you want to do the world a favour, make sure they don’t produce any kids off the bat. Odds are they won’t last long enough to deserve them.

I agree that their are guys who prefer not to goto a strip club for their B-party; but I don’t think thats the case here because his good buddies are planing this for him. I don’t think they would do that unless they knew him well enough.

And as far as the only reason why shes upset is becuase this place is “seedy” or what-not. I would like to call B.S. on that. I somehow get the feeling that she would get upset no matter what strip club they went to. And besides as the op states, its not like they can choose from a long list of clubs. If they could I’m sure they would pick a better one to goto.

Another point to consider is she only has to trust him and not those around him. I know I could goto one of these places and not be tempted to do anything that would jeopradize the integrity of my raelationship with my GF.

Well, it’s all over now. And for those who couldn’t believe that Phil didn’t want to go to a titty bar, believe it. The whole crew ended up back at my house by one AM, and THEN the party got started.

As for her not “trusting” him enough to see a naked woman, all I have to say is that you’ve never been to a party at my house. Lots of naked women, Beaner, Phil, marital aids - ALL IN THE SAME ROOM!

Lastly, I’d like to speak to the comment about “his friends know what he wants”. See, he’s also a friend of mine. And Mr. Jane’s. Like I mentioned, it was his non-pussy-getting friends who “knew” what he wanted, right? Not so. What he really wanted was to get drunk and hang out with his friends. Which he did. At my house.

I am going to have to disagree with you on this point, SHAKES. " Good buddies" are not always perfect judges of what poeple really want: nor are spouses, for that matter–look how often good friends and married couples buy each other gifts that are exactly wrong. At this remove, there is no way for you or I to judge the truth: it could easily go either way. If Phil really wanted to go to a strip club, then it is up to him to stand up to his fiance about it and it is no one else’s place to suprise him with it: that is one of those things that people outside a marrige shouldn’t try and judge or prempt becasue we can be absolutly sure that we are only seeing about 10% of the picture.
For example, I bitrch to my friends about hte fact that my husband does less of the housework than I would like, but it would be totally inappropriate for them to host an “intervention” to get him to do more: they don’t know the intricate dance of negotiation and counter-negotiation the two of us do, and they don’t know the many wonderful things he does that, in my mind, more than compensate. The same thing applies here: maybe Phil would like to go to strip clubs on one level, but on another he’s made a concious decision that his wife’s super-incredible blow jobs are worth making that sacrifice: it’s not a matter of his wife depriving him, it’s a matter of him chosing to give up something he likes a little in return for something he likes a whole lot. In that case, it is totally inappropriate for his buddies to take that choice away from him with a “suprise.”

Manda JO, you are too cool. As always your post are very insightfull. What you said makes perfect sense.

For the record; I guess I shoulda’ said this in my first post. I never thought it was right to “surprize” him either. Or his bride to be for that matter.