Heroes 10/08/07 - "Kindred"

[QUOTE=stucco]
That and the reappearance of Claire’s SUV. That car is getting more plot than half the characters.
[/QUOTE]

I missed that. When?

Lightray: “What? Who? I’d narrow down the* obscure nickname,* but there are too many terrible actors around. I’d suspect it’s West, but nobody flies on Smallville.” Word. :cool:

[QUOTE=Otto]
Read the TWoP recaps or the Wikipedia articles.
[/QUOTE]

Wikipedia- yes, TWoP- NOOOOOOO! All snark and silly ass “in” nicknames. You can learn nothing from them other than how smug and pretentious the reviewer is. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Promethea]

Far, far too many interminable scenes of the twins getting separated, Maya going oily-eyed and her brother rescuing her. Oh and Maya being willing to kill if she didn’t get her own way? How nice..
[/QUOTE]

Yes. This story line is boring and really, if you kill that many perfectly innocent people, you are Evil.

[QUOTE=Cuckoorex]
P.S.

And seriously, enough with the “Smallville” shit. We at least had an excuse with Noah Bennett, calling him HRG or AED or whatever the hell you wanted to call him, but we KNOW his name is West. He’s WEST. Any superficial resemblance he has to a character on ANOTHER genre show is irrelevant. Why don’t we make up nicknames for ALL the characters based on other genre shows? Claire can be “Buffy” and Sylar can be the “Big Bad” and Mohinder can be “Professor X” and…nevermind. I know I’m not going to stop it from happening. It’s just annoying the hell out of me lately.
[/QUOTE]

Preach it, Brother!

[QUOTE=Loach]
I still stand by my theory. It will be Kensei.
[/quote]

I agree. His regeneration power will turn out to render him functionally immortal and he’ll show up in present-day as the elder-killer. I think I mentioned this in a previous post or thread but maybe I just thought it and forgot to record it for posterity.

You are correct. I re-watched the scene earlier this evening. The Irish tattoo morphs into the Symbol and then vanishes.

[QUOTE=Loach]
So are we not supposed to discuss the plot points of the episode? If someone wants to talk about the actual episode and not just discuss how the show sucks every week we need to go to another website?
[/QUOTE]

You missed my point. People should be able to discuss anything about the show, including whether or not it sucks. According to many of its viewers, this episode did indeed suck. People are pointing out why it sucks - badly paced, unlikable characters, silly plot contrivances. I don’t see any drive by posts where someone says “Heroes sux!!!11” and nothing else.

Why does every thread need this discussion? We’re allowed to voice our distaste for our entertainment. Imagine you were watching an artist paint a picture. Every Monday he lets you and whoever else come to his studio for one hour and observe his process. Each line is perfect, each stroke is masterful. Then one day, the artist drops his pants and takes a giant dump all over the painting. Would you not be displeased? Even if its a particularly masterful poo, there’s bound to be some voices of dissent.

[QUOTE=DrDeth]
Wikipedia- yes, TWoP- NOOOOOOO! All snark and silly ass “in” nicknames. You can learn nothing from them other than how smug and pretentious the reviewer is. :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]

Bwah!

[QUOTE=DrDeth]
Yes. This story line is boring and really, if you kill that many perfectly innocent people, you are Evil.
[/QUOTE]

But they don’t stay dead, are you really killing them?

Moral question: If Maya “kills” the cops, knowing that Alejandro will revive them in five minutes, is it really wrong?

Alejandro seemed to think so, and it certainly doesn’t look very enjoyable for the victims.

[QUOTE=Maus Magill]
I really don’t think they are in the middle of nowhere. Notice that Candace was on a cell phone when Sylar woke up. There wouldn’t be a signal if they were really in the middle of nowhere.

Or am I using too much logic? I’m still getting caught up.

If Sylar is really in a cell (or strapped to a bed) somewhere, and the island is actually a Candace-cast illusion, then so was her murder. If she’s not really dead, then that would explain why Sylar didn’t absorb her power. I’m also wondering if his powers are really working, but she’s not letting him see it.
[/QUOTE]
Forgive me for quoting myself, but I think this got lost. I was wondering what others thought of the possibility of Sylar being in a Ludwig’s Brain scenario.

I really hope you’re right, otherwise this is the stupidest storyline of the lot. Did you notice how as soon as he woke up, she told him that everything he was seeing was an illusion and showed him the ‘real’ room he was in? I think the only way that makes sense is if it isn’t real at all.

[QUOTE=Carnick]
You missed my point. People should be able to discuss anything about the show, including whether or not it sucks. According to many of its viewers, this episode did indeed suck. People are pointing out why it sucks - badly paced, unlikable characters, silly plot contrivances. I don’t see any drive by posts where someone says “Heroes sux!!!11” and nothing else.

Why does every thread need this discussion? We’re allowed to voice our distaste for our entertainment. Imagine you were watching an artist paint a picture. Every Monday he lets you and whoever else come to his studio for one hour and observe his process. Each line is perfect, each stroke is masterful. Then one day, the artist drops his pants and takes a giant dump all over the painting. Would you not be displeased? Even if its a particularly masterful poo, there’s bound to be some voices of dissent.
[/QUOTE]

You missed my point. Discussion of the general suckiness of a show in a thread about a specific episode is a hijack. Maybe a minor one but since it took up half of this thread I personally find it annoying. Maybe I am just reacting because of what has happened to other show threads, specifically Lost. I enjoy discussing the episodes I watch. Too many people jump into the threads to smugly proclaim how much they dislike the show. Just one of the many reason why the SDMB is becoming less and less entertaining to me. I used to watch ER. Several years ago I found myself not interested at all in the show anymore. I don’t jump into ER threads just to say how much it sucks now. Being critical is fine but too many of these threads have just become excuses for thread shitting. I like the show. I have not found the first few episodes to be particularly great but it seems like they are trying to set things up for the rest of the season. At least I hope so. I don’t see anything that was that horrible. OK at least half of the twins appearances could have been cut. But I am hopeful that it is leading to something.

[QUOTE=Maus Magill]
But they don’t stay dead, are you really killing them?

Moral question: If Maya “kills” the cops, knowing that Alejandro will revive them in five minutes, is it really wrong?
[/QUOTE]

Seems to me he is able to reverse the process when they are only mostly dead. If it is too long then they are just dead. The people in the truck stayed dead. I may be mistaken but I thought that only one of the cops was moving when they left. They other one may be dead. Don’t forget, they are wanted for murder. Not temporary murder. Some of the victims die.

Although the Godsend “kanji” is Kensei’s symbol (because that smith put it on his sword, apparently), let’s not forget that it’s also the symbol of the Big Bad that’s haunting little whatshername’s dreams. She draws him (?) as a pair of eyes with the symbol between 'em.

Doesn’t seem that the Big Bad’s power – whatever it is – is related to Kensei’s. The Big Bad may be related to the Eight / the Company… but little whatshername was in the custody of the Company originally, so the Big Bad wouldn’t have needed to spy on her.

Since it’s also the “tattoo” that faded in and out for Jessica – and now Peter – I’m wondering if that isn’t related to the Big Bad, too. I dearly hope that Peter will not now be manifesting his own Jessica. That storyline was annoying last season.

Also, they need to hurry up and give us a name to use for the “Big Bad.”

edit: also, we’ve seen Candice sucker-punched before when she thought her illusions protected her. I think she’s dead, Jim.

[QUOTE=Lightray]
Since it’s also the “tattoo” that faded in and out for Jessica – and now Peter – I’m wondering if that isn’t related to the Big Bad, too. I dearly hope that Peter will not now be manifesting his own Jessica. That storyline was annoying last season.
[/QUOTE]

I think you are reading too much into it. Peter’s Irish crime family tattoo faded because of his Claire power. The fact that when it faded it formed *the shape * before fading is probably just something they threw in there with no particular meaning (they need to have the shape show up as much as possible, it’s in the contract or something). He can’t get a tattoo because of his bodies recuperative powers. I’m sure Mr Bennett would be very happy to hear that.

[QUOTE=Lightray]
Also, they need to hurry up and give us a name to use for the “Big Bad.”
[/QUOTE]

In the meantime, I propose “Big Giant Dread”. :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Loach]
You missed my point. Discussion of the general suckiness of a show in a thread about a specific episode is a hijack. Maybe a minor one but since it took up half of this thread I personally find it annoying. Maybe I am just reacting because of what has happened to other show threads, specifically Lost. I enjoy discussing the episodes I watch. Too many people jump into the threads to smugly proclaim how much they dislike the show. Just one of the many reason why the SDMB is becoming less and less entertaining to me. I used to watch ER. Several years ago I found myself not interested at all in the show anymore. I don’t jump into ER threads just to say how much it sucks now. Being critical is fine but too many of these threads have just become excuses for thread shitting.
[/QUOTE]

I don’t know. I really like Heroes, in all its glorious stupidity. These threads add to my enjoyment, since I love it when others point out the stupidities. Half of the fun of watching the show is seeing if the wise-ass predictions from the SDMB thread come true, or seeing if character X continues a particular pattern of stupidity. I guess the only suggestion I would make for these threads is that people inject even more snark into their complaints. The snarkier the better.

As an example, I think quite a few of the 24 threads here are pure gold.

[QUOTE=Windwalker]
I don’t know. I really like Heroes, in all its glorious stupidity. These threads add to my enjoyment, since I love it when others point out the stupidities. Half of the fun of watching the show is seeing if the wise-ass predictions from the SDMB thread come true, or seeing if character X continues a particular pattern of stupidity. I guess the only suggestion I would make for these threads is that people inject even more snark into their complaints. The snarkier the better.

As an example, I think quite a few of the 24 threads here are pure gold.
[/QUOTE]
Plus, if we stopped snarking on the dopiness, I’d miss the fun of guessing how far the thread will go before somebody inevitably says, “If you don’t like it, don’t watch it!”

It’s also the logo of Papa Petrelli’s law firm and the Haitian (and now Peter) wear it as a necklace, as well as being on the cover of Papa Suresh’s book. So it’s not exclusively the Big Bad’s.

[QUOTE=Loach]
Peter’s Irish crime family tattoo faded because of his Claire power.
[/QUOTE]

I don’t think there’s a foundation for this assumption. We know the tattoo changed shape and faded. We don’t know why it changed shape and faded. If it was because of his healing factor, why would it wait until the tattoo was completed before “healing” it?

I’m guessing one of the Irish crew has the power to make disapearing tattoo ink. :slight_smile:

Also since the symbol is all over the place in different parts of the world it may be older than Kensei. Possibly belonging to another super from even farthur back.