Hey bibliophage?

And then, Cnote, you get the “inevitable” suck up post.

I too have noticed that bib tends to get lock-happy, and has since given the cherished Moderator hat. I was thinking that I’d create a Pit thread several weeks ago, but I knew that nearly 90% of the posters would rush in here and say, “How dare you attack a Moderator! They give up so much time for you! You are a horrible person!” and then they would shun me.
So I let red_dragon do it for me. :smiley:
Seriously though, I have noticed for a long time that bib rarely ever moves threads, (note: even long before the server was having problems) and just tends to close them up, for little or no reason. I have to agree with Smack’s comment about “I’d rather have a discussion go slightly off topic than to have it cut off by a lock.”
There’s no reason to close up a thread unless it is boldly breaking the rules. To lock because of a minor infringement is an abuse of power, IMHO.

I sure wish I knew what you were talking about ladyfoxfyre, because I’m sure not getting it.

The quote you reference directly above the part where you call me a suck up (To who, I’ll never know) was made by DocCathode, not me.

I wanna be in the clique. Is there anywhere I gotta go to take a number?

No no no, I wasn’t calling you the suck up. You made a comment about the “Inevitable I’m questioning this thread’s existance in the first place” and then “Why send it to the pit and have it generate the same kind of, “Why is this in the pit? Sheesh” or, “Hey Bib. A bona fide pit thread. Is it your first since becoming a moderator?” responses like the ones above?”
and I was pointing out the characteristic “suck up” post.

I have been here since Spring of 2000, and ever since I have been here, the server has been having problems, and mods have been locking threads rather than moving them.

Bibliophage is the Baby of the Mod family. The server was having problems when Bib was just a twinkle in Ed Zotti’s eye.

DDG

You are a haven of tranquilty in a morasse of banality.

Take that as you will…:slight_smile:

Having your misplaced thread moved is a privelege, not a right. It’s a courtesy I extend more often than not, but it isn’t always convenient. If you want a guarantee that it won’t be closed, you’ll have to put it in the right forum in the first place.

That’s a joke, right? Many posters, including you, have commented that I am too quick to move threads. Make up your mind, please.