Hey! I'm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

If not,I stand corrected! :wink: I’m almost completely
wicked but I TRY to be good…it isn’t workin’ out
for me so far.I seem to stay in the passing lane!
Oh,well!!!:wink:

…talk of newbie initation tests!!!I haven’t lurked THAT
much.:slight_smile: Oh,what the hell…whaddya want me to do?!?

It’s very nice to meetcha.:slight_smile:

Don’t know if this helps, but when you’re reading posts, at the bottom there are some little figures (icons). If you want to respond directly to something someone said, you click on the one that says, “quote”.

It’ll pull up the whole quote into a tidy little window where you can post your reply. You don’t haveto include the whole post if you don’t want to. You can put your cursor where you want, and using the backspace key, carve out the stuff you don’t need.

It’s useful sometimes to include the name of the poster and point you’re replying to. Discussions can wander around, so it’s nice to repeat the poster’s name. (Besides, it a real ego boost; “hey, someone responded to me!”)

I hope this was what you were asking. If it wasn’t I just bored you out of your gourd for no reason.

Check out the FAQ’s, and don’t worry. Everybody’s messed up posts, said things wrong, etc.

Glad you’re here.
Veb

Nice to meet you,too!!!

If you knew you’d lose respect for me!:eek:

I at least should earn your respect before
I have to lose it!!!:slight_smile:

Trust me,though,when I tell you that the
name is well deserved!!!:o

We won’t be newbies for long!:slight_smile: These folks make ya feel real
welcome,don’t they?Thanks for your welcome,too,BTW!:wink:

Now what’s Anthracite going to say to this Kat?

Sorta,

I think the current initiation rule is that the first two regulars (read over 500 posts) who drop in get to ask you to do things.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Don’t mind my evil laugh…

:wink:

What I was told last month. (In a nut shell)

Don’t be a jerk.

Avoid “me too” posts. Make your posts somewhat individual. You can post the same opinion as someone else, but try to explain why you have that opinion.

Learn how to use the search feature. And use it. If you have a question (for About This Message Board, or General Questions) look it up first. That way you don’t need to start a thread that was covered just a week ago or whatever.

Know the difference between each forum. I guess I can help a little.

ATMB (About This Message Board) is for questions about this message board, hence the name.

IMHO (In My Humble Opinion) is for survey type threads and any other subject where you are asking people for their opinions on something. Also for “not so great debates”.

This is where it gets tricky. In MPSIMS (Mundane Pointless Stuff I Must Share) I’ve seen some “opinion” type threads that never got moved. It really depends, I guess. On what exactly, I’m not sure. Someone who can explain this better, please do.

The Pit (BBQ Pit) is the place to go if you’d like to bitch about something. Anything. That’s also really the only place where flaming is allowed. Any other forum, you will probably be asked to stop.

GD (Great Debates) I tend to shy away from. It’s the place to go if you really know your stuff. You’ll find religious threads, race threads, sexuality threads, and other such controversial subjects. Don’t reply with an OPINION and try to state it as FACT because you will be asked for a reference.

Then there’s the comment threads, which have to do with Cecil’s column. They’re pretty self explanatory.

Most of all, have fun. This is a great place with really great people. We are a family of sorts and really care about each other. I think you’ll like it here.

Welcome to the board!

So let me put you to the test. This test will also prevent you from asking the dreaded “definition” question. Using the search feature, I want you to find the definition of the follow words: Felch, Squick, and Mung. Have fun!
*If I’ve gotten anything wrong, or forgotten anything, please correct me. I’m still pretty new myself and I wouldn’t want to confuse Sorta. Thanks.

Hmmm…mind-boggling,orgastic,initiations…interesting…

:);):cool:

I’m sortawicked,not sortastupid…of course I’ll take a bonbon!!!:slight_smile:

…I won’t ask.;)LOL!

I’ll definatly stay away from the pit,thanks
for the warning.

Flossing is one of my most favorite activities…not
really,but I do it anyway.:slight_smile:

Ummm Hi sortawicked …

I am sortasweetandinnocent

oh and … How YOU doin?

• Nekkid pictures!?!*:eek:

Damn,I knew I shoulda bought that digicam!!!:wink:

Thanks for the welcome!:wink: Don’t matter to me if it’s
the first welcome or the 100th;as long as I’m welcome,
I’m happy!!!:smiley:

I’m having fun already!!!:);):cool:

Y’know I still haven’t worked out how he doesn’t spontaneously combust when he says things like that…

grin

I said sorta - it works like a loophole

I’ll take your advice.I tend to have enough trouble without
lookingfor any!!!;):):eek: