Hey MADs...dopefest in memorium of norinew

Posting to subscribe…I can’t make it but I will send a card. Damn, I really do miss her.

So far, our tentative guest list is as follows
Mamma Zappa
MsRobyn
gardentraveler
FairyChatMom
VunderBob
Typo Knig
Green Cymbeline
gwendee
kopek
Wendall Wagner

That’s a day after I get back from being out-of-town and may be crazy busy, but I’ve really been meaning to make it to a MAD to meet some other dopers, so you can put me down as a tentative.

bump

I’m almost certain I can make it, and you’re just around the corner from me. Well, mostly, anyway.

Put supervenusfreak and I down for a definite maybe. We’ll confirm as more gets known. I do miss her… :frowning:

You might want to try to organize the potluck so everyone doesn’t bring the same thing…you know with us Dopers there will be food riding along!

And thanks, MamaZappa for mailing out a notice on MADopers for those of us who don’t frequent MPSIMS. :slight_smile:

It’s an 8 hour drive for me, so I probably won’t be able to attend. I so wish I still lived in the area :frowning:

So far, our tentative guest list is as follows
Mamma Zappa
MsRobyn
gardentraveler
FairyChatMom
VunderBob
Typo Knig
Green Cymbeline
gwendee
kopek
Wendall Wagner
ataraxy22
Lightnin’
jayjay
supervenusfreak

I am planning on making a big pot of stew and getting some drinks. Please let me know what you are planning on bringing so I can really start to organize this before I run out of time.

If you have room for more, I’d love to come. I think about **norinew **all the time. I’m happy to bring a veggie tray (I mean, crudites ;)), or cookies, or whatever is needed. If the crowd’s getting too big, though, that’s fine. I’ll be with you in spirit.

I’m sorry that I won’t be able to attend. Your mother is greatly missed.

Just because it drives me crazy when people misspell my name, it’s Wendell. Two e’s.

We’ll contribute:
cheese ball / crackers
Some kind of sweet thing, most likely involving chocolate
Some kind of side dish (possibly the same baked beans I brought to the last Gettysdope, several years back).

Oh - and again, if any DC-area folks need transportation, let us know.

Maybe you should make a fresh batch…

:wink:

No, no, they’re like a fine wine or an excellent Cheddar cheese - they improve with age :D.

One of my favorite things about stew is that it doesn’t really need side dishes. I always think I OUGHT to take a salad to a potluck, but nobody really wants salad, do they?

Since I’m likely to arrive on the later side I’ll bring something sweet. Cookies or brownies.

I’m happy to help with transportation if I can - anyone who might come in to Baltimore Penn Station in the afternoon?

I’m thinking I’ll do a fruit tray.

So the tentative guest list now is as follows
Mamma Zappa-cheese ball / crackers
Some kind of sweet thing, most likely involving chocolate
Some kind of side dish
MsRobyn
gardentraveler
FairyChatMom-fruit tray
VunderBob
Typo Knig
Green Cymbeline
gwendee- Cookies or brownies
kopek
Wendell Wagner
ataraxy22
Lightnin’
jayjay
supervenusfreak

Heart of Dorkness there’s always room for more.

Please if you haven’t posted what you’re planning on bringing I would greatly appreciate it if you did.

Wonderful. I’ll bring a veggie tray with hummus and dips.

I can bring some sort of vegetarian thing that’ll travel well, perhaps macaroni and cheese. It’ll have to be re-heated, though.