Hey MADs...dopefest in memorium of norinew

I’d very much like to attend, but I need a ride. I am in northeast Philly.

If you can catch a train down to Baltimore, that would give you some options regarding hitching rides that last bit. I’m sure someone could come get you at the station.

Of course if there are other Philly-area Dopers coming, that’d be terrific!

On a logistical front: What time of day are we talking about?

And, address? I’d guess you’d want to send that by PM vs. putting it on the board itself.

I would like to come. I need a MapQuest or equivalent link. My plans are of the most probable, but insufficiently reliable to offer rides variety. I will bring some food. I suppose pulled chicken barbeque, and slaw, with some bread. It will only need nuking. (And only the tiniest jar of kimchee, for old time sake.)

Memories of Norinew leave me with a big warm spot, which now has a tiny sad place in it.

Tris

Jay Jay and I can bring some baked goodies and either pasta or fruit salad, plus beverages too. If there is anything else needed, let us know. Saturday the 15th is clear for us so far.

I’m still finalizing my plans, but it looks like I’ll be coming from D.C. I’m probably flying there, so a ride would be appreciated. I’ll contact Mama Zappa via PM once I know details - maybe later tonight. Since I’ll be traveling, I won’t have cooking facilities, but can bring baked goods or something else that’s easy to acquire in D.C. and is transportable. Suggestions?

Is there an address for cards to be sent?

Ok, my day off work is approved, and scheduled. Can give someone a ride from an appropriate Metro station or other spot. Still need to know how to get there, or an address to punch into my Garmin.

(twinges in my backmind that I should not feel happy about going to see all these wonderful people again, because we lost Norine. Then I get raspberries from my Norine memories, because I know she would want us to be happy remembering her.)

Tris

**gt **- I’ll be passing around DC so I can easily pick you up. Let me know via PM.

Tris, I could pick you up too. I guess I should warn both of you that I drive a Scion, so it’s cozy…

So the tentative guest list now is as follows
Mamma Zappa-cheese ball / crackers
Some kind of sweet thing, most likely involving chocolate
Some kind of side dish
MsRobyn
gardentraveler-baked goods or something else that’s easy to acquire in D.C. and is transportable
FairyChatMom-fruit tray
VunderBob
Typo Knig
Green Cymbeline
gwendee- Cookies or brownies
kopek
Wendell Wagner
ataraxy22
Lightnin’
jayjay-baked goodies and either pasta or fruit salad, plus beverages
supervenusfreak
Heart of Dorkness-veggie tray with hummus and dips
DocCathode
Triskadecamus-pulled chicken barbeque, and slaw, with some bread

Please if you haven’t posted what you’re planning on bringing I would greatly appreciate it if you did.

Well, if you are going to get one person already, I don’t fold all that well, anymore. :slight_smile:

However if you don’t get anyone, I can either drive (A Corolla, as snug as yours.) and pick you up. Or drive to your place, saving you the backtrack. (I think you are between me and Maryland, more or less, but will need an address, if this is the option.)

I will have one medium box of food and serving stuff.

Tris

I’ll probably go with nuts, chips and related finger snacks/foods.

I need an address and rough timeframe so I can plan my drive. I may want to leave from work and come part way Friday depending. Or leave Saturday and get part way back.

I’m in St. Mary’s county, so unless you live at Point Lookout, chances are I’m not between you and the party. I’ve got one confirmed passenger and I’m waiting on an answer from another. We’ve done 4 adults in the car for a 2+ hour drive and no one killed anyone else…

In our case, Typo Knig and I are bringing food jointly (same for jay jay and supervenusfreak, I think).

Yes.

Is there a thought on what time this will start?

D and I would love to be there with y’all, but unfortunately we’re both having surgery next month.

Since we can’t make it, we’d both like to help with the financial aspect of your event, so if you can provide me some PayPal info, I’ll send it asap.

That list looks awesome, y’all, and what a great way to honor this wonderful lady!

Bill

Ok, FCM, I can drive as easily as find you. :slight_smile:

I am coming east on I66 and clockwise on the DC beltway, and north from there. Anyone willing to lie about being more or less on that route, and in need of a ride, speak soon.

Tris

I will update the guest list tomorrow sometime but I just wanted to say that I was figuring on it starting at around 1 and just going until the last person leaves. I wanted to leave the time frame as open as possible for those of us who have work obligations

I’ll put myself as 98% in - only because as of right now I know I’m good to go, but who knows what the future will bring?

I’m generally a lurker but I’ve read a lot of norinew and I’m in Frederick, so it feels right to me. Show my respect for the loss of a great person. Anyone else around Frederick need a ride or want to carpool or anything?