Home Depot - lazy stinking worthless a-holes

You might not but I totally expect that. I don’t know about you but I wouldn’t expect someone working in a building supply job to be able to go directly from there to a NYE party without at least some cleanup. Plus when they close the doors they are not necessarily done.

I just called the local HD and they are open 9-6 so you’re in luck!

You’ve been on this earth for how many years and it didn’t occur to you to call and ask what time they were closing on NYE before you drove 15 miles?

You’ve got it a bit backwards- most stores close early on New Years Eve and are open on New Years Day. They may open later- say 10 am instead of the usual 9 am, but they open. It’s worth calling.

Christmas is for staining the kitchen cabinets. OF COURSE he should be able to pick up the stain and materials at 9 PM on Christmas Eve!

Even if the hours aren’t on the internet, does anyone know how to look up a number and call the fucking store anymore? Our Target is literally within a three-minute drive from our house, so if they weren’t open, it wouldn’t have been the end of the world if I hadn’t called. But the hours were IMMEDIATELY given to me when the store phone message picked up. Pick up a phone, for God’s sake!

So what’s your take on it, genius?

Stores have been closing early on the day before Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s for at least 38 years. Probably they’ve been closing early longer than that, it’s just that this is when I started paying attention to such things. And while I rarely go shopping during the Season of Shopping, every single place that I’ve been to has had their holiday hours posted on the door since at least a week before Thanksgiving.

Making sure you’re in the running for “Shittiest Pitting of 2011” just under the wire, huh?

Got in right before closing time. :smiley:

Ours is open today too. So they may be lazy enough to close early on NYE, but they’re also cruel enough to expect their hungover employees to come in today, so it all evens out. :rolleyes:

Sorry, aceplace, I can’t support this rant either. I’m always surprised when things are open around Christmas and New Years.

Actions have consequences. If you know you’re going to have to work and get drunk anyway, whose problem is it?

Sure, if the party really gets going.

Sunset in Central Arkansas was at about 507pm yesterday. So if it was daylight when you got to the store, it was vanishing quickly as you tantrummed your way out of their parking lot. I can just imagine you driving those 15 miles home, stewing and formulating this pit rant. You probably received a lot fewer high-fives than you’d envisioned.

And that right there gives you your answer - Other holiday closures vary by store, so call your local store if you really, desperately need something right now, and they’ll tell you when they’re open!

He tried, but JBDivmstr’s last minute entry is shittier, by far. This one was a nice try, though. Might take the silver.

Waaambulance needs some sprucing up, huh?

Two days late and two dollars short, but I would guess that they decided they don’t get enough business after 5:00 p.m. New Year’s Eve to cover the cost of staying open those hours. I doubt drunk drivers are even a factor in the decision.

Our hose sprayer broke (again) and we needed some lawn bags for the joys of Holiday Leaf Sucking™. My wife wanted some paint too. We knew stores would close early and at various random times, so we prudently called ahead. Lo, our nearby Lowes was closing at 6pm, so we pop in the car and drive the mile and a half.

I arrive at 4:55 to find the doors locked and an employee getting carts. I say that we called and the automated system said the store closes at 6pm. She said, “No, we close at 5pm today. It’s posted on the notice on the door there” and she points to the front door.

I understood. No one had updated the system. At the moment I was confusedly contemplating why a store would close only a single hour early than normal, my wife - who would normally vent about failed customer service to me in the car on the way home - dead-panned, “Well, I can’t see your front door from my house.” This seemed to elicit no synaptic activity and the employee went back to the store with their carts.

We called Home Depot, found they were indeed closed according to their automated system, and I went home content with being able to procrastinate yet another few days.

Egg-zactly. +11
Roddy